Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:50 PM

Default KK, a weird flop, and a stupid LAG

This hand's been bugging me since I played it last night.

MP is very loose and very aggressive, however his aggression seems to come out at all the wrong places. Several hands ago he check-raised me w/ T5 on an A85 flop (I had AK). His raise was 4x my original PSB, and he then called when I re-raised enough to put him all in. Since then he's run me out of several pots when he raised and I folded a marginal hand. It should be noted here that my normal strategy w/ a marginal hand is to bet/fold, or else bet/call and fold UI on the turn.

SB is a loose passive calling station.

Relevant stacks:
Hero - 262
SB - 74
MP - 181

Hero is on the button w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, MP calls, Co folds Hero<font color="red"> raises </font> to $5, SB calls, BB folds, UTG Calls, MP calls.

($21) Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero <font color="red">bets</font> $20, SB calls, UTG folds, MP <font color="red"> raises </font> to $100, Hero..........?

My thoughts at this point went as follows:
1 - Villain has either 6x or 3x.
2 - Mathematically, 6x is a little more likely since two of the 3's are accounted for.
3 - Villain's play is consistant with either hand.
4 - There's at LEAST a 10% chance this is a complete bluff on villain's part, maybe as much as 20% (he's pushed me of quite a few hands lately).
5 - SB will call down w/ any PP 77 or higher, puting more money in the pot.

Numbers 1, 2, and 3 left me thinking I had a 50/50 shot at this pot. When I add 4 and 5 into the mix it felt like a clear call.

Did I overthink this?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: KK, a weird flop, and a stupid LAG

so you won that intro hand u told us about with the T5...he had bottom pair and you had A K...seeing this, you know hell try to push you out when he gets a piece of anything. This hand is in sync with your point...youll often have the best hand in this spot. you have to either let it go if youre that sure he has a hand like K 3 or A 3...but if you dont think its likely you have to push. if hes as loose as you say he is then hell call you with his 6 and youll have him nailed to the wall. if hes that loose and aggressive and happens to have the 3, well...it happens. any PP is also likely so i cant see you folding here very often.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you won that intro hand u told us about with the T5

[/ QUOTE ]

I so wish this was true. The fool caught running tens for a full house [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
...he had bottom pair and you had A K...seeing this, you know hell try to push you out when he gets a piece of anything. This hand is in sync with your point...youll often have the best hand in this spot. you have to either let it go if youre that sure he has a hand like K 3 or A 3...but if you dont think its likely you have to push. if hes as loose as you say he is then hell call you with his 6 and youll have him nailed to the wall. if hes that loose and aggressive and happens to have the 3, well...it happens. any PP is also likely so i cant see you folding here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone else agrees with my reasoning. As it was he had 63o and flopped the boat. I was having a hard time deciding if I had really played the hand wrong, or if I was just being results oriented.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:03 PM

I think you play goot, and goot players get outdrawn ;/