Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 02:29 AM

Default A structural change to WSOP MAIN EVENT

Since the birth of the WSOP, the main event championship has been decided through No Limit Texas Hold'em. Even through Hold'em is my favorite game and so is America's very poker game. I think in order to crown a new world champion more fairly it is poker's best interest that the main event of the WSOP be played under the conditions of a mix game instead of no limit texas holdem. To be more specific the game that should be play would be (horse) which include hold'em, stud, omaha, razz and 8/better. I believe to be the best poker player in the world he or she needs to know how to play all poker games and play it at a high level. By playing only No limit hold'em for the champinoship. It can only show who is the best hold'em player but that does not prove who is the best poker player in the world. Love to get you guy's input about this matter
Old 08-27-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: A structural change to WSOP MAIN EVENT

if you want 200 entrants instead of 6000 entrants then this change is a good idea.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:37 AM

The main event doesn't/isn't supposed to find the world's greatest NL player; let alone greatest poker player.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:46 AM

Personally I think they should change the game to a Badugi, O8, 2-7 Lowball (Nl and Triple Draw), and Pot Limit Stud. There should also be a segment where we play a totally new game invented each year by someone like David Sklansky. I think if everyone played a game that no one had ever played before plus all those other games which no one really knows how to play anyway, that would probably prove who the best poker player in the world is.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:54 AM

Every game should be played if you're going to do that goofy [censored] Shane. NLHE, LHE, PLHE, O8, PLO, Limit Omaha, 2-7 triple draw, A-5 triple, A-5 single, A-5 single with joker, 2-7 single, limit 5 stud, NL 5 stud, 7 stud, 7 stud hi lo, 7 stud pot limit, badugi, hell, throw in some drunken games too. That would make for interesting TV.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:01 AM

Sheesh, I wasn't serious, but at this point I do think the poker-tv-viewing audience is ready for some lowball/draw games.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 AM

I understand that playing (HORSE) might not make the most compelling televison but i think to determine to world champion he would have to prove he can play other games beside holdem
Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 AM

A Junglen said it best elsewere in the thread:

[ QUOTE ]
The main event doesn't/isn't supposed to find the world's greatest NL player; let alone greatest poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No poker tournament will objectively determine who the best is, only time will tell (maybe).
Old 08-27-2005, 06:39 AM

Wow talk about missing the point. The WSOP ME is such a big deal because it is the biggest and longest running tournament going. But its just a tournament. See the first response for what will happen if your ideas were implemented.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:47 AM

i think stud should be replaced with war and we can call the game W-H-O-R-E

fuji