Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 10:51 PM

Default Too weak on the river?

Loose aggressive game

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] )2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
(**)J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
(**)A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
(**)Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
(**)K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
(**)6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

I bring it in Everyone but J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] and K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] call. I would fold to a raise, but I'll always play for free.

4th Street

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] )2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
(**)A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] : 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
(**)6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

AT checks, Q5 checks, 63 checks, I bet K5 calls, AT folds, Q5 calls, 63 calls

5th st.

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] )2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
(**)Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

KK checks, KQ checks 96 checks I bet (trying to represent a made flush. KK calls KQ folds 96 folds.

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] )2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
(**)K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

KK checks, I bet the scare card and he called. The river brings no help and I check behind him. Should I have bet it? I am pretty sure I'm against kings up, and the fact that he called my four flush after I had shown aggression all the way made me think he was not going to fold now.

By the way, my lone pair of Aces won the showdown.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Too weak on the river?

I'd have played it just as you did. I have to put him on two pair for the sixth street call and figure he will call with it. His call sixth seems pretty bad to me, even with the money in the pot.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:10 PM

Bet the river. You've got a scary board. Give him a chance to fold his two pair. That increases your chances of winning enough to make it worthwile. He's not going to raise unless he can beat a flush in which case you can fold (or call if you think he would raise as a naked bluff). Good things happen when you bet.

Rockfish
Old 03-21-2003, 04:29 PM

I agree. Bet the river.