Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Absolute 1/2 9-max...tightest 1/2 around?

I can't seem to understand how to make money playing at Absolute. After showing multiple T9s, 98s, etc. late position raises, my big AA, KK hands never seem to get any callers even from the button. Should I start raising every hand till people start playing?!?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Absolute 1/2 9-max...tightest 1/2 around?

For example, my AA (6 times so far) is averaging only 1.23 BB/hand. That seems awfully low for 1/2.... Only been pushed past the flop 2 times in 6.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:56 PM

You don't necessarily want to 'start raising until you get callers' per-se.

But if your opponents are weak-tight you can take advantage by adjusting your play appropriately.

Not getting very far with AA on 6 trials is hardly conclusive. But if your read of the table is that it's tight then you just have to keep pushing your edge.
There is not precisely one correct way to play. Read your opponents and read your table and adjust accordingly.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:08 PM

1/2 at Absolute is crushable (I have crushed it). I started crushing it when I put attention to who is weak-tight and in which situation. Some of the players there are so weak-tight (and I am not exaggerating) that I raise every 2 from CO or button in unopened pots when they occupy SB and BB. If they call from SB, watch out. If they call from BB make a continuation bet at flop (it feels kind of cool to do that on AKQ flops with 93o [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). If they call the flop bet, cool down if you don't have anything.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:34 PM

What he said. But I dont have experience with that limit...just the 3/6 and 5/10. 3/6 is laughable, these guys are so bad postflop its insane. 5/10 is a different beast though. Lot of TAGs up there (man I wish they were weak tight). But that is really the only limit that is tough on the site I think.