Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Boring 66 river check

Villian is a typical LPP 34/4/1.5

HEro is MP3 w/6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PF:

Villian limps UTG, fold to hero call, Loose passive CO calls, Unknown BB checks.

Flop: (4-players) (4.4SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Villian Checks, Hero Bets, Co folds, BB folds, Villian calls

Turn: (2-players) (3.2BB)
(3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks, Hero bets, Villian Calls

River (2-players) (5BB)

(3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T :club) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian checks, hero checks

I was prepared to fold to aggression on the turn if he either bet or checkraised. I felt he could have played a lot of face card hands up front things like Q9 or J8 are not out of the question.

River was more of the same, waking up I would have folded.

This is kind of typical for me in these situations, should I be looking for more value bets here?

Thinking about it I am unlikely to get checkraised. If I do I could let it go easy, against this player. I probably get calls from a hand like A8.

Any thoughts
Old 07-02-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Boring 66 river check

I raise this pre-flop.

I'm skeptical that there is much value in a river bet. I don't think A-high calls; I'm skeptical that A3 or A2 calls; absent a more specific read Villain's aggression factor is healthy given his VPIP; he has done nothing but check-call on a flopped two flush with two to a straight; I think it most likely that he was drawing to a flush (and won't call the river); I don't see him calling a river bet with many (if any) hands you beat. What could this guy limp UTG, call to the river with, and call a river bet with, that you actually beat? The only hands I see doing that are A2d, perhaps 44 and 55.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:08 AM

Catt is dead on here. raising preflop is good here because i would like no more than a three handed pot (a blind, limper, and you) which is feasible even in a loose game since only one person has vp$ip and theres only two people behind you. i would only limp in that position if there were 3 or more limpers or if the co or button never fold. checking the river is fine in my opinion for all the reasons catt gives.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Catt is dead on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considered raising, but along with the loose CO, the SB was pretty loose as well.

I really did not think an isolation raise had much chance of success.