Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Cheating Online?

I've played a lot of SNGs in my time, and I saw one player make the most uncanny moves I've seen. The player literally played as if he knew every single card that was going to be dealt next, calling everyone's bets with absolutely terrible odds, and so forth.

Is there anything to do about this? Like I said, I've played alot of SNGs to judge, and this was absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Cheating Online?

[ QUOTE ]
I've played a lot of SNGs in my time, and I saw one player make the most uncanny moves I've seen. The player literally played as if he knew every single card that was going to be dealt next, calling everyone's bets with absolutely terrible odds, and so forth.
Is there anything to do about this? Like I said, I've played alot of SNGs to judge, and this was absolutely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it wasn't a BAD player that just caught his cards.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:27 AM

Last night at a 1-table, a guy pushed all-in on the turn with a gutshot draw and he hit it. This made him the chip leader. He did not make it to the money, though.

These are poor, gambling players. Learn to love and cherish them. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 AM

obviously, it depends which site was involved

that would probably be quite normal at some and so no further action would be required

at others, you should inform Support, immediately

as long as you know that he always knows all cards, you should take advantage and sit to his immediate left while you wait for Support's comments - some players will say that you are taking unfair advantage, but your argument can be that they had the same opportunity to sit in that seat as you did
Old 06-24-2005, 10:42 AM

Great reply. That's thinking like a winner - sit to his left and only play in hands that he isnt. I was expecting the standard "Poker is not rigged, you just suck, blah blah blah"

Hmmmm.. good question for the Poker Theory forum. If the guy to your right knows the flop, turn and river cards after he is dealt his hole cards (he doesnt know his hole cards before they are dealt to him). Is that + or - EV, and by how much? Obviously it would depend on who knew that he knew, but i'd just assume that only you knew.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.. good question for the Poker Theory forum. If the guy to your right knows the flop, turn and river cards after he is dealt his hole cards (he doesnt know his hole cards before they are dealt to him). Is that + or - EV, and by how much? Obviously it would depend on who knew that he knew, but i'd just assume that only you knew.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - if anyone knows the answer to that one, it'll be those guys in the Poker Theory forum

please tell us what they say - (not many of us dare go there in case they find out we're from the Zoo)
Old 06-24-2005, 01:28 PM

I can't be sure. But it was a good player. The player knew how to play tourneys from various tactics and such, but it was all too odd that this player seemed to hit all of his big hands by making plays that were all massively -EV, or whatever you wanna call it. I will be on the lookout in the future for the screen name. That's about all I can do for now.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 PM

Was he calling or doing the pushing himself? There's a huge difference. In many SnG situations it's correct to go all in with any two.

And as luck would have it, when I go all in with 84o, your AKs is only a 2:1 favorite, so I will get "lucky" A LOT.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great reply. That's thinking like a winner - sit to his left and only play in hands that he isnt. I was expecting the standard "Poker is not rigged, you just suck, blah blah blah"

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think that if i knew what board cards were coming i could win close to 50% of the tournies i played in. that's going to cut into your win really badly. why would it be an advantage?
Old 06-24-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think that if i knew what board cards were coming i could win close to 100% of the tournies i played in. that's going to cut into your win really badly. why would it be an advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]