Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:41 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Nut Flush On Turn Twice, Board Pairs On River(low content)

Ick, I really hate when I've got the nut flush on the turn and then the board just has to pair on the river. Happened to me twice tonight, but both times I STILL WON! Yee-friggin-haw!

Each time I hit my nut flush I'm saying to myself "here comes the river pair" and sure enough it hit. But my hand held up both times.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Nut Flush On Turn Twice, Board Pairs On River(low content)

Was anyone else drawing to the second nut flush? I too hate it when the board pairs, but I find that there is always at leat 1 person chasing a 2nd or 3rd nut flush to the river then re raising when it hits. These people more then make up for when the board pairs and I have to call an extra bet and loose to a full house. Of course I play .5/1 on Party Poker, so it might be different at a higher limit [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 12:04 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Nut Flush On Turn Twice, Board Pairs On River(low content)

[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone else drawing to the second nut flush? I too hate it when the board pairs, but I find that there is always at leat 1 person chasing a 2nd or 3rd nut flush to the river then re raising when it hits. These people more then make up for when the board pairs and I have to call an extra bet and loose to a full house. Of course I play .5/1 on Party Poker, so it might be different at a higher limit [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I don't recall. There are plenty of fish that will stick around with a straight on a flush and boat board. They might've been chasing a low as well, plenty of fish go after non-nut lows, which is great.

I'm only playing the $0.50/$1 mostly myself. I've played some 1/2, although there aren't as many games at that limit and the pots aren't as big, respectively, as I'd like.

I tried to multi-table the 2/4 game, but it was too high for my bankroll and it's only served to knock me back down repeatedly to the $0.50/$1 game. So for now I'm just grinding it out until I have about $500-$600, before I try the 2/4 games again.