Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 05:47 PM

Default KQs + turn semi bluff

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

A K or Q sure would help. Got backdoor flush also. UTG could be betting the tena pair

Turn: (3.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Sometimes I make this play with an overpair sometimes with just overcards and this time I made the play with alot of outs. I am thinking if I hit my QK it will be good - possibly a bad assumption. 9 heart outs.

Howzit?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: KQs + turn semi bluff

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

A K or Q sure would help. Got backdoor flush also. UTG could be betting the tena pair

Turn: (3.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Sometimes I make this play with an overpair sometimes with just overcards and this time I made the play with alot of outs. I am thinking if I hit my QK it will be good - possibly a bad assumption. 9 heart outs.

Howzit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the nuances of 5/10, but what exactly are you trying to represent here? What's your plan on the river if you miss? This is a fairly non-threatening board, and your opponent is unlikely to fold TPGK or better.

I would like this type of play better in a situation where the turn card gives you the upper end of an OESD, such as if you hold J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the turn board is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2005, 07:31 PM

i'd raise teh flop over the turn
Old 05-15-2005, 07:34 PM

The trend lately is that too much semi-bluffing has been costing 2+2ers money. The key to a successful one is where there is a reasonable likelihood that Villian folds to your raise...against the typical Party calling stations this doesn't work. How about calling the turn and popping the river if one of your outs hits?

Oh yeah, as I was typing this EXACT situation came up in my Party 2/4 game. I called the turn and folded the river when I missed.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:36 PM

yeah, the average party 2/4er isn't going to look at that turn raise and think "uhh ohh, he slowplayed AA" he's gonna think "crap, ohh well time to call him down and see what he's got"