Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Possible Poor Play : Looking For Feedback

Looking for feedback on this hand. The two relevant villains both have vpip over 40.

My thinking was to slowplay the set in order to raise the turn if a safe card came. The thought that I would have a better chance of folding draws with the turn sized bets since its very likely that they would call 2 cold on the flop anyway. Should I be looking to charge during the flop or turn. By the way I'm not sure where the 3 bet came when it got back to me on the flop

I know the turn card was the scare card I was not looking to raise with but I did not feel villain would lead with a made flush and thats why i kept with the raise.

Alright enough of my thoughts. Where did I play this poorly?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
Old 05-02-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Possible Poor Play : Looking For Feedback

I think that you should just go ahead and raise the flop straightaway instead of doing weird maneuvers.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you should just go ahead and raise the flop straightaway instead of doing weird maneuvers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-02-2005, 07:05 PM

I'm not seeing a reason to call the river blank when you raised the turn...

Just fastplay this hand and it will become a lot easier.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:10 PM

I know i played this hand very random the river call i made just because i felt he could make that move with a weak flush so i just called the river instead of following it up with another raise like the turn. I just played this hand very weird that i know.