Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Here\'s how I can\'t fold QQ

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

No reads on villain, he's fairly new to the table.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

I know check-raise bluffs are completely player dependent. Earlier I was playing in a pot against a TA-A and he check-raised me and another opponent on a paired, 2 suited flop, but then checked the turn, and check-folded the river even when a 3rd suited card made me my nut flush. What did he CR with? Flop was J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Maybe 77.

But is it too weak-tight to fold here, or too much of a calling station to call down? After the flop CR, there $25 the pot. Assuming I call the flop raise, and call the turn and river I have to be right my QQ is good a little more than 1 in 4 times to show a profit.

Like I posted in my 50K checkup posts, I don't feel comfortable playing QQ in a lot of spots and this is a perfect example. Thoughts?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Here\'s how I can\'t fold QQ

Barring a read I'd toss this on the flop.

W/a decent enough read to continue I'd 3 bet the flop, bet the turn and check the river saving me a sb.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 PM

It depends if you think he'd check-raise middle pair. If he only check-raises with the goods (an ace here), fold to the raise.

Readless, I call down so I can have a future read.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM

Honestly, I HATE the flop and/or turn call. I understand you have queens, but you have to relize that when an overcard flops (especially an ace as many low limit players call with ace-anything suited or NOT) your hand has significantly decreased in value. NOT to mention the most important fact, the pot is NOT very big. I don't blame you for betting when UTG+2 checked the flop, but then when UTG+2 raised I think you need to either fold here, or call the flop raise with the intention of folding if UTG+2 bets the turn (because UTG+2 may check the turn but it's highly unlikely, so the flop fold is probably your best option). Then once you called the turn you pretty much forced yourself to calling the river because you've already came this far. Chances are your opponent has a set or aces-up, either way you only have two outs and are NOT even close in terms of pot odds required to draw to two outs.

I think in this situation, you need to get off your hand early.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barring a read I'd toss this on the flop.

W/a decent enough read to continue I'd 3 bet the flop, bet the turn and check the river saving me a sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm diggin it.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:42 PM

I fold the turn.