Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Pokertracker and step tourneys (and other sng\'s)

Hi. I know that I could have posted this on the pt forums or the stt forum, but I don't usually read those and the people here are so much more intelligent, attractive and knowledgeable.

I have been thinking that for fun once in a while I might try the step or mini-step tourneys on party. I have never played any sort of tourney online. How does this work with pokertacker? The main thing I want from pt here is to track my results. I would like at to be able to look back in a few months and see how many total dollars I have won or lost. The faq discusses sng's:
http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3256
However, it talks about being emailed a tourney summary. Since I have my party hand histories saving to my hard drive, this is irrelevant to me, right? Will all of the necessary stuff automatically appear on my hard drive and get imported to pt? Or do I still need to get the summary emailed like the faq says? When I get knocked out, do I need to leave the table open until the tourney ends for it to get the summary? What about for regular sng's or multi-table tourneys?

I see from this thread:
http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4981
that the new mini-steps aren't supported yet. For anyone who has played the regular steps, does pt work correctly with understanding your total money won or lost even though what you win is often a free entry to another step? If you bounce up and down steps and finally end up getting knocked out, it will understand that your overall result was that you just lost an original buyin?

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker and step tourneys (and other sng\'s)

You probably should have posted this in the PT forums, only because ptrack_pat (and other readers there) would probably respond extremely rapidly to your questions. PT has some of the best support coming and going.

Question 1: Your system can import every hand at a tourney, up to the point you close the tourney window (just like any normal ring game). It will auto-import them as well, and do its best to determine who finished where, if you let it go all the way to the end. Of course, if you are knocked out early that is kind of a pain, and you can rely on the old standby of emailed hand histories. Whichever works best for you. (I usually allow it to auto-import, and if I finish in 4th position on, I leave the window open and minimized to capture the rest of the tourney... if I get knocked out earlier, I just let the emailed hand history fill in the gaps.) Can't answer your question about MTTs.

Question 2: To answer the question, Steps tourneys note win/losses as the buyin to the next event in dollar figures. Taking mini-steps as an example (they will be supported fairly shortly, as far as I'm aware), if you buyin at Level 1, you spend $6. You win a $22 seat at Level 2. You spend the "$22" on your buyin to Level 2, and bust out in 10th position. Bingo, you only spent $6. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not as nice as tracking the freerolls as a seperate entity, but an easy compromise. Each Steps SNG you enter, though, appears seperately in PT