Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 09:23 PM

Default NL Game is not consistant anymore

I cannot seem to win consitantly anymore in nl ring games... I'm really not sure why? It seems lately that every single time I am a favorite to win the hand, I put the underdogg all in, and he catches a miracle river to win...

I am seriously starting to change my playing style to suit online poker better since the rivers are so harsh...

Is this bad? My new style will incorporate strategies of trying to keep the pot and my investing in the hand as low as possible until i see the river...

I know people will draw out of me more, but can i really say that? :They are already drawing out on me when i'm getting them all in as a 90% fav to win... At least i'll save some money this way...

Should i play passively to the rivers, not dedicating too much money until then?

I've played holdem alot and it just seems something is wrong with online poker... I can and have beaten online poker for awhile and its usually when i sit back, and play a little bit passively....

Whenever i play nl poker like a true player should online, i get into trouble... Any similiar comments? Anyoen else do better online with a tight weak/passive style?

Can actually playing very good, be bad in online poker? I usually get a good read on my opponents 90% of the time, put them all in as a huge favorite, and still lose....

It seems the better i get at reading players, the worst I'm doing at nl... I am always a favorite when i get the money in, and wind up losing....
Old 03-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: NL Game is not consistant anymore

I would also like to add this...

Most of my sessions go like this... I get a good hand, bet, everyone folds... Repeat this 4 or 5 times..

THEN, I get AA ,and get someone all in preflop.. They river me...

OR, I flop a set, get them all in on the flop, they call with garbage and river me...

THen the cycle repeats, i get the same types of hands (AA, flopped set) but no callers... I bet how you would normally bet but guess what... no callers.. Then all of a sudden, i get a caller, and u guessed it, he rivers me...

Every time i actually get a caller when im a huge favorite i lose BIG, but when you check the stats, im still winning most of the time when i am a favorite, but im LOSING MONEY>..

does anyone understand what im trying to say? Even though my stats show that my hands hold up in certain situations, IM actually losing money in these situations... Its like, something is playing the strings here.. soemthing isnt right...

For everytime i lose a buyin to some moron, i should take 8 more buy ins off some moron... That isnt the case in online poker
Old 03-20-2005, 09:41 PM

What do you think the problem is?

And how many hands per month do you play?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 PM

they want you to deposit more. Gaming sites only don't rig the very highest game they offer, that way everyone plays that game and they make more money.

if you deposit more cash and move up in games they bad beats don't happen as all players are good. I think you already know that if everyone is good, you'll win more often and won't get suckouts, which will mean more money for you.

this is a time that all us good players come to; if you're losing in the rigged games, you need to move up to the ones without such stupid players cos those ones aren't rigged as much, or so i hear.

fim
Old 03-20-2005, 09:47 PM

What site do you play on? If it isnt Party poker you should try there because you will get paid off by the bad players with most your good hands.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:53 PM

JR, i think the problem might be what fim said... I am playing at the low limit tables...

I recently have change my nl game to a more aggressive approach, I get all of my money in the middle or bet high as hell when i have the best of it (like you should play)... I read my opponents, and make almost perfect reads everytime...

BUT, im losing money compared to when i used to play a passive nl game betting style...

IM getting my money in with the best of it, and they usually fold (which i don't mind).. but when 1 decides to call, he never ever misses... THe river always brings him exactly what he needed to beat me...

So bacially it goes like this, over the course of a sesssion, ill get around lets say 10-20 90% fav hands...

I'll put my opponenet all in or make him pay a huge amount... They will usually fold, BUT, the times they call, they ALWAYS DRAW ME OUT... ALWAYS

So, out of 20 90% favorite hands, I'll win around 18 or so of them.. BUT, im LOSING MONEY on these hands... Funny isnt it?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:12 PM

Hi, I'm fimbulwinter,

very often i make scarcastic responses to crappy, self-serving posts which are worthless and contribute nothing to the board except to create a moronic, annoying background chorus to SSNL and to allow the poster to excuse himself for not being able to beat what is ostensibly a fair and soft game. such posts, which drip with scarcasm and disdain are not meant to be taken seriously except in the context of exposing the shoddy, spineless logic used in the inciting post.

nice to meet you

fim
Old 03-20-2005, 10:30 PM

Well, since you are "MR. KNOW IT ALL" Explain to me why this is happening? Why am i losing money when going all in on 90% fav hands?

I never said anything about sites being rigged... Now can you tell me what leak in my game is causing this? If i lose money overall with 90% favorite hands ... then whats the problem here?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:31 PM

I play around 1700 hands a day... like 3-4 tables at once, 12+ hours a day...

I win money, but lately, its been a roller coaster... It started happening right after I switched my playing style from passive to aggressive (IE, getting all my money in when im a favorite) VS. (Not getting all my money in when fav, semi slowplaying every hand)
Old 03-20-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, since you are "MR. KNOW IT ALL" Explain to me why this is happening? Why am i losing money when going all in on 90% fav hands?

I never said anything about sites being rigged... Now can you tell me what leak in my game is causing this? If i lose money overall with 90% favorite hands ... then whats the problem here?

[/ QUOTE ]

variance.

seriously.. if you dont believe in math, then you should probably stop playing poker for a while