Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Thanks for the advice 2+2 crowd

Hi, a while back I posted in this forum some badly played hands, and got the blunt advice to move down in stakes. I took that advice seriously, moved down a notch in stakes, started reading a couple of 2+2 books (ToP and 21st Century), and am happy to say that I've made back all the money I initially lost, plus more, playing at these lower levels.

I just wanted to say thanks for the sage advice. I don't ever plan on making more than hobby out of poker, but winning is definitely more fun.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Thanks for the advice 2+2 crowd

Congrats, also try SSH once you have the other 2 down.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:21 PM

Congrats, awesome to hear.
I will echo jaxup hear and highly recommend SSHE. I just ordered and started reading ToP and it's much of a snooze to me for some reason.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will echo jaxup hear and highly recommend SSHE. I just ordered and started reading ToP and it's much of a snooze to me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason is. . . it is a very boring book to read.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, a while back I posted in this forum some badly played hands, and got the blunt advice to move down in stakes. I took that advice seriously, moved down a notch in stakes, started reading a couple of 2+2 books (ToP and 21st Century), and am happy to say that I've made back all the money I initially lost, plus more, playing at these lower levels.

I just wanted to say thanks for the sage advice. I don't ever plan on making more than hobby out of poker, but winning is definitely more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! Sincerely.

But take one more bit of blunt advice: winning or losing in the short term is absolutely no indication of playing well or playing poorly. Don't put stock in winning and don't get into a funk by losing.

For most of us the short term is really, really long; for those of us for which poker is a hobby, the "long run" is almost certainly out of reach. The advantage of the forums is that it gives a real opportunity to leran how to play much, much faster than you could ever do by playing hands (whether those hands were winning or losing hands).
Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ToP still stands for Theory of Poker right? I didn't miss some unexpected switchup did I

if you are a casual player then ya its boring, but anyone serious should spend a ton of time with that book, its arguable the greatest poker book ever printed .. its got a ton of valuable concepts