Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Default B&M Pocket Aces Hand -- Bad beat or not?

Full Ring Game, 1-2 blinds, avg stack size ~$300

UTG Raises to 7. Hero in midposition reraises with pocket aces to 20. One caller in the late position. Original raiser calls.

Flop comes Jx9d8d. UTG checks. I bet 50. Late position calls. UTG checkraise 100 more. I ponder whether UTG has a set of jacks. I have no good read on him, but i dont beleive he has a set. I push all in. 100 more. Late position thinks, then says "what the hell, i'm all in too." UTG calls. I flip over my aces. Late position flips over pocket tens with Open ended str8 draw We each have a diamond. Turn pairs the board, and the the river was diamond. UTG checkraiser does not show until the river when the diamond comes, showing Jd7d.

I thought the UTG made a horrible play and just got lucky. But looking back he did have about 11 clean outs. 2 jacks, 2 7's, 7 diamonds.

Did I miss play this hand? Could I have played it any better?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: B&M Pocket Aces Hand -- Bad beat or not?

[ QUOTE ]
Full Ring Game, 1-2 blinds, avg stack size ~$300

UTG Raises to 7. Hero in midposition reraises with pocket aces to 20. One caller in the late position. Original raiser calls.

Flop comes Jx9d8d. UTG checks. I bet 50. Late position calls. UTG checkraise 100 more. I ponder whether UTG has a set of jacks. I have no good read on him, but i dont beleive he has a set. I push all in. 100 more. Late position thinks, then says "what the hell, i'm all in too." UTG calls. I flip over my aces. Late position flips over pocket tens with Open ended str8 draw We each have a diamond. Turn pairs the board, and the the river was diamond. UTG checkraiser does not show until the river when the diamond comes, showing Jd7d.

I thought the UTG made a horrible play and just got lucky. But looking back he did have about 11 clean outs. 2 jacks, 2 7's, 7 diamonds.

Did I miss play this hand? Could I have played it any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG raising with Jd7d and calling a reraise with Jd7d is pretty bad. But his push with Top pair and flush draw if he thought there was a chance both of you would fold, isn't that bad.

If your table is full of loosies like this raise more with your AA.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: B&M Pocket Aces Hand -- Bad beat or not?

What the hell was he doin in there with J7 in the first place. probably should've pushed more preflop instead of just to 20. Overall you were unlucky.