Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Race to 10K
El Diablo 49 37.98%
Homer 5 3.88%
GrannyMae 8 6.20%
ThaSaltCracka 67 51.94%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2004, 01:18 AM

Default PlayerView or GameTime?

Do you use PlayerView or GameTime? Have you used both? Which do you like better? Additional comments welcome in reply post.

Cheers,
TomBk
Old 12-21-2004, 06:26 AM

Default Re: PlayerView or GameTime?

GT+ cause it's easier to look at imo. Don't really care for the customization options of PV.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 AM

I think opposite. Playerview because of the customization. I'd rather have the data I NEED than a pretty and easy to use interface.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 09:14 AM

Oh I know playerview has more customization options and features, I just don't need them. I suppose if you get used to the way playerview looks, it's a better choice. But for me, GT+ displays all the info I need and it looks nicer. Hopefully v1.4 will close the gap between GT+ and PV in terms of features
Old 12-21-2004, 10:58 AM

I have tried both - and Game Time + is much easier to read. I have access to enough stats to display. It is a great product.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:58 PM

My mom told me Playerview was better so I use Playerview.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:47 PM

I'm new to playing poker. I only started a few months ago, but I'm enjoying it a lot. I got Poker Tracker only a short while ago and have about 2400 hands on it now.

I'm new to this forum also. It took me a while to realize this is the most widely read and written-to forum for serious players, and there is a great wealth of knowledge shared herein.

I only found out about these heads-up display options for Poker Tracker a few days ago and was anxious to get one going. I started going full bore into figuring out which one I should get.

Since yesterday when I posted this poll, I realized that both PlayerView and GameTime+ are in the early or perhaps middle stages of development, both developers are working closely with the online poker players on this forum and over at the Poker Tracker forum, both are making a great product, both are doing it voluntarily, and they both seem like great guys.

I now think this poll is a bit inappropriate and I wish I didn't post it. I see both developers are doing a great job and deserve plenty of accolades, encouragement and support and it's not necessary to be overly critical of either product. I realized both developers are making improvements all the time and the whole concept of heads up display will benefit from both efforts.

So, charge on and good poker to all.

-TomBk
Old 12-22-2004, 01:31 AM

Right now GT+ is the only option if you are playing other than Party Skins, that is about the only time I use it. PV lets me put up the data I want, where I want it. Both developers get kudos though, competition is only good for the user [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2004, 09:18 PM

Tom,

I have both and prefer PV simply because of the customization options. For Tourneys its great to set it up to show % blind steal, SB fold % and BB fold % in addition to the regular stats - life just gets better and better. By the way be sure to open the second or third table of an MTT because all the players are being tracked and when its final table time, you have the juice on everyone.

On the technical side I experience more bugs and even one crash with PV. The bugs include spotty refresh, failure to truncate some decimals and occasionally when opening a third or fourth table it just doesnt catch the new table and no numbers appear. GT seems much more stable, but they are both quite good already and new versions will be out soon im sure...for free we hope.

To play without the overlay now seems like playing in the dark!

H
Old 12-24-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way be sure to open the second or third table of an MTT because all the players are being tracked and when its final table time, you have the juice on everyone.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Great idea!