Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 AM

Default AKs with heavy action HU

The board is very coordinated with high cards, and the other player in this hand obviously likes his hand. Is there another line that anyone would take here? Not a lot of reads on the other guy here - he seems slightly loose and aggressive, but I haven't played many hands with him and he certainly doesn't seem crazy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB
Old 12-23-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: AKs with heavy action HU

I probably play it the same way against an unknown. The 10 didn't likely help him unless since he 3-bet PF. His raise would really slow me down. If he 3-bet PF with AA-JJ or AK, AQ, you're ahead of only two, and he played them strangely if you indeed are. (This is all dependent on him not being a moron.)

Ok. I rambled. In summary, I'd do it the same way, but not expect to win.