Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 04:12 AM

Default River agg, hand 2

Villian is a good TAG, maybe a little passive postflop. His river agg is very high at around 5 and his w@sd seems high at nearly 70%.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

<font color="blue"> As it gets checked to me i figure i'm not best but am betting to try to get a freecard. On reflection, with this many customers it's probably not a good idea. </font>

Flop: (15.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds.

<font color="blue"> As i didnt get c/r on the flop and an A falls i bet. </font>

Turn: (9.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

<font color="blue"> His river c/r looks strange to me, not really sure hes open rasing with AT. Maybe he has QQ, AQ or TT. TT seems unlikey due to the two overcards on the flop, with AQ or QQ i'd have thought he'd have given some action at some stage before the river. Who folds here? </font>

River: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 B

Just thought i'd add why i ruled out AA, as i said villian is a good TAG and with this many people he'd have capped preflop.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Re: River agg, hand 2

meh, looks fine to me. i play it this way too.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 12-10-2004, 08:54 AM

Pot is too big to fold and your headsup. What did he have?
Old 12-10-2004, 09:08 AM

QQ
Old 12-10-2004, 09:16 AM

The call is the right move here. I have a question: Would you have called a reraise on the turn? If no, then he made the right move. He probably went for an overcall by MP2.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:22 AM

Would you have called a reraise on the turn

Not really sure. Depends on the action inbetween. If MP calls i probably fold and if he folds i think its a hard decision as i dont wish to encourage people c/r me. Agaisnt this villian i might lay it down.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:39 AM

If villian is a TAG as you say, he has flopped a monster. In this case I guess that means a set of queen since he raised preflop. A TAG would not check/call AQ or call to the river with TT. I can also see a possibility he holds AK for a split, but most likely QQ. I would pay him of at the river, though.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 AM

Agaisnt such a villain, can a case be made for checking this river?

a common concept in no limit, is not to bet if a raise makes you sick. Does this apply as much to limit.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:15 AM

I don't think an argument can be made for checking the river. You have TP/TK with no aggression from your opponent except for a raise PF. If this were NL yes a check would be a definite option under sertain circumstances, but this is Limit.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:30 AM

On the other hand, what hands can you put a TAG on in this situation. He's not likely playing a draw (and if he would he will not called if it missed on the river).

Raising hands for a TAG in MP1 (roughly):
AA-TT
AK-AJ
KQ
ATs, KJs

Which of these hands could he have been playing like this:
AK (8), QQ(3), AJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](1)

I say he might call AJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if you raise, but that's only one hand that you beat. He'll raise you costing you two bets if he holds QQ and you'll split if he holds AK. My point is a bet a the river won't win 1BB often from a TAG while you will lose 2BB more often. Am I out of line? Do you see any other hands he'll play like this? KJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Ok, I see A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on the board, so are there any hand?
Can I add a couple of AJ hands here to make it profitable to bet the river?