Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Ok, so I got broke with a set on a monotone flop.

PP $100 6max

Villain in this hand has been real aggressive since I've set down. He has the table covered easily, and uses his big stack to bully, quite effectively. He uses large overbets a lot. The hand before this one I doubled up on him when I was in the BB and he in the SB. I raised his limp preflop with a9, he calls. Flop is 992. He checkraises the flop and we get all the money in on the turn. He has K2 os. So I had him pegged as a LAG.

BB in this hand has small stack, about $75. I have $145 and villain has us covered.

Preflop: Folded to villain on the button, he limps, I limp with 77, BB raises to $9, villain calls. I call more for the implied odds of villain than for buttons short stack. I obviously can't fold with good relative position on the flop.

Flop is Q76, all hearts. I check, BB bets 25, villain raises to most of my remaining stack, $110 or so. I push.

My reasoning is that BB is dead for sure. I mean he might have queens or a heart of course, but I am quite certain he qill go broke here. So that leaves me with 1.5:1 pot odds, and I am about 2:1 against filling up. Inadequate pot odds if he has the flush for sure, but how can you be sure? I think he might make this move with hands that aren't flushes. Who folds here?