Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 09:26 AM

Default Borgata 3-6 Hold\'em. It\'ll never be the same.

Hey gang. Just giving an update to all of you out in SS land. As you may well know, FSUPlayer and Gonores are in Atlantic City at the Borgata. So, we all decide to sit low limit 3/6. Muhahahaha.

Buyins were sick. Even the floor people were shaking their heads. Dougie bought in for a dime, I believe FSU did as well. I bought in for a measly 400 and had stack inferiority complex. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Anyway, there were a few locals in the game just completely confused, they hadn't seen anything like it. Well, not often this gang gets together. Be on the lookout for some hands.

I'll give you one, cause it was kinda funny.

Bunky is in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Folded around past gonores and FSU (they actually took this hand off) and folded to the button who is 2p2 poster/lurker Turkish (notoriously tight from what I've heard [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
and he raises, the weak tight local SB folds. I decide to just call. I check the flop dark. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
(Nice dark check bunky you douche.) Turkish checks behind.

Turn some brick
Bunky bets, turkish raises, Bunky 3 bets, Turkish 4 bets, Bunky 5 bets. Turkish smooth calls the 5 bet [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

River bunky bets it dark.
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Nice dark bet putz), turkish raises. Bunky calls.

Alright so how bad did I screw that one up?

I may be heading back down Saturday night to hook back up.

More hands to come.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Borgata 3-6 Hold\'em. It\'ll never be the same.

why dark checks and bets... you gain nothing from it!!!!@#!#!@ we already live with imperfect information. why make it even worse.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why dark checks and bets...

[/ QUOTE ]

because this is live poker , and I explain it the way it happened. Oh yeah, ahve you ever 5 bet a turn and then checked the river??? Come on. Might as well value bet the thing dark. Also lets the opponent know that your hand is made regardless of what falls.

I'm not going into the + and -EV of drak ebts and checks, I'll do that in a later thread. But lets, just say that live poker has a lot more "play" to it than internet poker. Internet poker for all its good points, really misses out on the nuances of the game.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:41 AM

5-3

Five bets in when ahead, three when behind. Could have been worse.

Like the dark check, not the dark bet when it appears he has a set.

SCFuji -- Dark moves are 2+2ers way of yelling "I don't even need the cards in the middle to play with you. Hell, I could do without the two they dealt me..."

Fun stuff.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:42 AM

Personally, I'd love to hear about the EV of drak ebts. Romanian, yes?
Old 11-12-2004, 09:44 AM

Coffee first , typing second. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like the dark check, not the dark bet when it appears he has a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, kinda sucked. But I did intend of value betting the river and call ing a raise anyway. Cause If I 5 bet the turn and check/called the river, Dougie would call me a little girl.

[ QUOTE ]
SCFuji -- Dark moves are 2+2ers way of yelling "I don't even need the cards in the middle to play with you. Hell, I could do without the two they dealt me..."

Fun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something this internet generation will NEVER understand.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:49 AM

His turn 4 bet ain't TPTK if he's notoriously tight so he has a set. Maybe the worst hand he has is 2-pair (K-T probably) but I'd give it 80/20 he has KK, TT or 99. Therefore, the river dark bet can't be right since he has 10 outs and he'll raise if he hits, call if he misses. You gain nothing by not seeing the river card first.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:51 AM

I have a hard time believing the river call is +EV given how you describe everything.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His turn 4 bet ain't TPTK if he's notoriously tight so he has a set. Maybe the worst hand he has is 2-pair (K-T probably) but I'd give it 80/20 he has KK, TT or 99. Therefore, the river dark bet can't be right since he has 10 outs and he'll raise if he hits, call if he misses. You gain nothing by not seeing the river card first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally correct. The dark bet is bravado, also known as SPS or Small penis syndrome. It is not correct poker.