Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 08:23 AM

Default World of Warcraft comes out Nov. 23

As a hard core role playing gamer, I have been looking forward to this release for over 3 years.

About 3 days ago I signed up for their Final Stress Test, prior to this upcoming Open Beta which I believe will start later this week.

Having only logged about 10 hours of playtime in the game thus far, I am very impressed once more with Blizzard. They have yet, still YET, to dissapoint me with a product that is even worth slandering.

Does anyone else here plan on playing World of Warcraft. The slated release date is Nov. 23rd. I'm probably going to be restarting all over again because very likely Blizzard will reset the servers and erase all characters, disallowing the character transfer.

Having said this, it means I will be devoting many hours a week to this game. Playing this new MMORPG will be using up a great deal of my leisure hours, depriving me of sleep till I reach level 60, and ultimately kill my social life. So where does poker fit in? Well, I won't be off to the cardroom anytime soon, but I still need my poker fix.

So I guess it's time for me to finally seriously take up playing poker online. One hour of online play with even just 2 tables would equal 4-5 hours of playing live. Yep, it's going to be a challenge for me because I've yet to beat the limit games online. But I think balancing out online poker with online role playing games will be a great way to get my tilt factor off.

So, is anyone else going to be playing this?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:36 AM

Default Re: World of Warcraft comes out Nov. 23

Got my account last night and just logged out at 6:30 in the a.m. Had to get to level 10 and get my voidwalker. I'm kinda disapointed that I've been able to play all night and not see any pvp. In AC I'd be ganking noobs in the starter towns by now.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:09 AM

I never got into the Warcraft series...hope ya like it though!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:31 PM

This is the strangest reason I've ever heard for switching from B&M to online play.

I'll be there on 11/23, too. Game looks sick.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:58 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i got invites to the alpha through a wizards of the coast employee (unsurprising connection with blizzard) but i gave it to a coworker because i've managed to avoid mmorpgs for this long. i offered it to senor choppy but he was still reovering from EQ addiction but now it looks like we're gonna lose him again. i do agree this one seems worth it though.

i have too many gaming hobbies already and i'm trying to limit them to ones that make me money or improve my thinking.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:12 PM

WoW looks fantastic. A friend of mine was in the beta, so I got a look at the game in April. I'll most likely be playing, but I have to buy a computer first. Currently, the only thing I have is a laptop with a 1.1ghz celeron, 256mb ram, and onboard video.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:36 PM

I downloaded the stress test the day it came available. I've only been able to play for a couple hours, but I've got a Night Elf Rogue up to level 7. The game is totally sweet. it's going to be hard to strike a balance between WoW and Online Poker. I'm going to try to still make it to the B&M every once in a while though.

WoW cranked up to 1600x1200 on the dell 2001FPs is freakin' sweet.

KoW
Old 11-05-2004, 07:13 PM

I played for 36 hours straight yesterday. Once I start playing that game I can't stop.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:15 PM

Sigh.... im a nerd too....
Old 11-05-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the strangest reason I've ever heard for switching from B&M to online play

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can't spend 4+ hours a night in a cardroom if I'm going to be playing WoW 8+ hours a night and try to hit level 60 in 2 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

So what I'll probably do is just play 1 - 2 hours online.