Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 02:27 AM

Default First post at .05/.10

Hey gang, I'm now playing .05/.10 at PokerStars, and it's been up and down. Here's one hand I think I played well. One question, is betting the river here correct since I've been the aggressor, or due to the fact I could be "improving" to a second best hand, should I back-off?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 09-25-2004, 02:41 AM

Default Re: First post at .05/.10

The river was a horrible card for your hand, so I'm check/calling against the 12.5BB pot.

But, I probably fold this on the flop, especially facing aggression from the small blind. Low pair and a backdoor draw isn't a strong holding here (especially with so many of your outs being tainted). If I am going to play it, I'm probably going to raise and try to isolate the SB and hope he's on a draw.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 AM

I would fold on the flop.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:48 AM

Considering how many people are invested (and probably won't fold), I think anyone with a K would unhesitantly call you. And of course there may easily be a T out there. Over time, I don't think you can win this one with a counterfeited bottom two pair. [On the other hand, if A9 or Q9 or J9 is the best hand out there and you can make someone fold it, that's great, but it won't happen very often...]