Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 03:11 AM

Default Swift Vote Veterens for the Truth

Here is an anti Kerry ad from these guys. They make Kerry look like a total dirt ball; worse than Clinton. How bad do you think this ad and upcoming book is going to hurt Kerry? Why are we not seeing this in mainstream media?

Stu
Old 08-05-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Swift Vote Veterens for the Truth

Hi Stu,
To answer your question.It hasn't hit the main stream media because it's a pack of lies. Drudge and the dirty tricks squad are spreading disinformation. They already tried the lie about a sexual affair with an intern. It didn't have legs.

It shows that Bush is getting desperate. If these lies were true, then we would have to believe that senior officials in the military permitted a 27 year old officer to hoodwink the establishment because he planned to run for President 25 years later. Talk about conspiracy!

The popular vote is very close, but the electoral college clearly favors Kerry.

If Bush steals the election again, then he should give the Statue of Liberty back to France. For one, the French made it. All right wing kooks know that the word freedom must replace the word french in every American idiom. The real reason that it should be returned if Bush wins is that the French would represent a better example of liberty.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 AM

Michael Moore's movie did not get a lot of press in the media at first (no one wants to be first when they know they would be promoting propaganda). Once one major media source comes out with it, then the other news organizations will report on it. But it will take a few days to get widely discussed. The original major media coverage my take the form of an editorial or op/ed piece.

Question:
Which is the less truthful propaganda piece: F911 or Swift Vets?
Old 08-05-2004, 05:25 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Question:
Which is the less truthful propaganda piece: F911 or Swift Vets?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you actually watch the ad (link in Stu's post) you will see that all that these guys are saying is "I was there and Kerry's version of facts is wrong". There is no propaganda here, at worse it is a he said/she said situation.

Most of the witnesses present in Vietnam disagree with Kerry's self-serving statements, that is pretty compelling evidence of Kerry lying about his record. Or are we going to dismiss all these witnesses' statements in an effort to boost Kerry?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:38 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Update:
The Kerry campaign ran a much-hyped “Band of Brothers” photo of Kerry with 19 other fellow Vietnam Swift Boat commanders, which implied all 19 support Kerry’s bid for the presidency. All 19 did not support Kerry – only two did.

Today, Iowa Presidential Watch has received information from Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth (www.swiftvets.com) that states: “We have new information that Ralph Dobson in fact considers Kerry unfit.”

So, now Kerry is down to just one of the 19 Swift Boat commanders supporting him.

We have updated the photo-graphic to show the truth about Kerry’s amazing photo fraud.
link

[b]Kerry is Unfit, by a 12 to 1 margin!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Kerry Said that He Was Guilty of Committing Atrocities in Viet Nam

Following orders isn't a suitable defense. Kerry has made a big blunder promoting his military service for the following reasons:

a) It's not an issue that people care all that much about, more potential downside than upside. It happened over 30 years ago. It's relevancy to the election seems debatable to me.

b) The circumstances surrounding his service is a legitimate issue due to his promoting his military service. The first Purple Heart was questionable and from what I understand the circumstances surrounding his medals and their legitimacy is going to be addressed by this anti Kerry group. Reporters have looked into his record previously but apparently didn't come up with much. Perhaps the current administration's Defense Department who may view Kerry as someone that they don't want in office will be able to provide some historical info that was previously not readily available.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 AM

I think this guy supports Kerry.

"I'd be a total fool to ever question John
Kerry's heroism -- if not for him, I'd be dead."
--Jim Rassmann, saved by Kerry in Vietnam
Old 08-05-2004, 10:29 AM

the reason why the right wing hasn't been trumpeting this story is because once they do that, then comparison will be made between Bush and Kerry during vietnam,. Bush's people are smart, they know Bush's record is bad during vietnam, so the less attention that gets the better they are. I am not sure if Kerry's record is great (I have heard several people who served with him both supporting him and against him) so for me, this is a non issue, and those that served with him that are saying anything are only doing so for political reasons.
I repeat, it's a BS non-issue.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

the "lies" they are talking about are his alleged comments about war crimes/unfitting behavior of swift boat crewmen. not his military stuff. as stated before, i don't believe the military bs from either side is changing a single vote.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:50 AM

Correct. The leader of this group was the guy that debated him on the Dick Cavett show back in 1971 about his anti-war stance. These people have had an Ax to grind for decades. I'm surprised they don't drag out Lt. Calley to denounce him.

Interesting that all 5 crew members who actually served with Kerry on his boat under his command all support him.

These are the same groups that smeared John McCain during his run. Meanwhile during the time of the Vietnam War back in Texas, when ever it was time to go get more beer, Bush was always first to cry, "Send Me! Send Me!".