Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2004, 03:15 AM

Default AQs - check-raised on flop

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ...

This is about my 5th hand at the table. No one has really struck me as terribly out of line or wacko yet.

Do I take one more card here? I figure that I'm really drawing to a backdoor flush/straight with a medium chance that an A will give me the best hand. I give myself a total of 3 outs for the combination of the backdoor outs. Is that too generous? With a total of 6 outs, I like the odds to call but I'll end up paying at least another bet to see the river if I catch a draw card instead of an ace.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:26 AM

Default Re: AQs - check-raised on flop

Hero bets this flop why? I want a free card here.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:49 AM

I call, then pray i get the flush draw. Part of the reason i do so is because you have UTG+1 going along for the ride.

Always bet this flop. Always.

peace

john nickle
Old 07-23-2004, 04:05 AM

I would fold here.

The odds for you hitting the backdoor flush are not good and UTG might as well have AK or a set, meaning your Ace would not be clean. You might just end up wasting more money on the turn.

In my opinion, folding is right here.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:06 AM

With no reads I'd probably call then fold the turn unimproved. Reason being that a lot of micro players go nuts when it gets 3-way or heads-up on the flop and there's a decent chance your Q outs are good. Checkraises like this one are often bluffs or semi-bluffs. If I knew this player to be fairly passive, however, I'd fold to the raise. You also have to think about UTG+1 who seems to like whatever he's got. It could be a weak K, but even if it's just OESD or worse it further hurts your chances of dragging the pot at the end.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:03 PM

I bet because I think that it's better than 7.5:1 against that they'll both fold here. If I'd gotten coldcallers, then I'd play it different.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets this flop why? I want a free card here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you taking a free card or giving a free card though? Against 2 opponents who limped pf and checked to you on a fairly uncoordinated K high flop this is a definite bet.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:23 PM

I thought for a second and called, figuring 12.5:1 was good for the backdoor hearts + A's draw. I planned on folding the turn unimproved.

The rest of the hand is pretty straightforward. I caught the perfect card on the turn and ended up dragging in a good sized pot.

Thanks for the responses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Great avatar, cnfuzzd

Turn: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (13.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ks Jc (two pair, kings and jacks).
Hero shows Qh Ah (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.75 BB. </font>