Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 08:33 AM

Default What\'s the best road for the flop-play here? (A2s on Ao-9s-5s)

Table is fairly loose at party-poker 3/6 and not to aggressive with the ordinary mix of a few good players and several players that call to much. (This is why I have no problem limping in with A2s after one caller, any comments if this is not a good play if table is more aggressive?)

First I'm most interested in the pro and con to the various options for flop-plays. (raise or just call)

Then what to do on the turn if no flush and so on.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO <font color="purple">(callingstation)</font> calls, Button calls, SB <font color="purple">(good1)</font> completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
good1 checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, callingstation calls, Button folds, good1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
good1 checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, callingstation calls, good1 calls.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
good1 checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, callingstation calls, good1 folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Hero, callingstation and BB.</font> &gt;
Old 07-18-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: What\'s the best road for the flop-play here? (A2s on Ao-9s-5s)

seems fine, you want the callers behind you on the turn so the call is right and the raise on the river is standard.

if you'd missed on the turn i assume you'd call, getting good enough odds, but you're not calling unimproved on the river. too much to expect you're ahead there.

Calling with A2s is obviously not the right move out of position if the table is more aggressive, but if you can usually limp to see if the flop gives you a draw its fine in these sorts of games.

is there more to this hand than there seems? because it looks like fine 3/6 play to me
Old 07-18-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: What\'s the best road for the flop-play here? (A2s on Ao-9s-5s)

I'm considdering if a flop-raise is a good move?

You maybe get a underpair (who might catch) to fold and you still likely to be called 2 bets by hands you will beat if you hit your flush.