Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 08:04 PM

Default AKo, I want to raise the turn. So does someone else!

Good table.

UTG+1 is v. loose and has not raised preflop in 40 hands.
UTG+2 is v. loose over two orbits and has raised a couple of times.
MP1 is borderline tight after two orbits with no preflop raises.
SB is loose and borderline aggro/passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...
Old 12-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: AKo, I want to raise the turn. So does someone else!

I like waiting till the turn to punish the pair + gutshot type of hand that will not fold the flop for one or two bets. I imagine when MP raises it means a real hand like QJ, smaller two pair, our unlikely TT. You can't fold and I don't like calling and letting hands like JT or KQ call cheaply. I like the 3- bet.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:59 PM

i think u coulda raised right from the flop, with a person in the middle of mp1s bet u have enough action to pop it right there, neither mp1 or mp2 is gonna fold being that there loose, the fact that the guy waited to raise the turn scares me, he coulda limped jq, 3 betting here is fine cuz u find out if he really has it or not, if he caps u ur probably beat, if he just calls and bets into the river ur prob beat too. i never slow play unless maybe i hit a set, dont think its worth it in online play considering the players call everything
Old 12-22-2004, 09:07 PM

Looks good to me.

[ QUOTE ]
borderline aggro/passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:16 PM

With two players behind, IŽll just raise the flop. With one I may play it like you did. Your are ahead of anything but QJ on the turn, but there just arent that many other hands he can have and raise here.

A2s and AT are the only ones I see, so QJ is more likely. Think I just coldcall here. KT probably raises the flop.