Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Probability and Stats text books

Hello all,
I am a new user of this forum. I have, however, been pouring over months of posts on the subject of probaility on this site and have yet to find anything on pobability and stats books. I have read all the poker books, which I think are significant. This includeds Sklansky's Getting the Best of it. I have understood the calculations in all that I have read, but I want practice at doing the calculations so that I can do them very quickly. To that end I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend a stats and probability text, which has problem sets.
The reason I want this information is so that I can become a much more effective tournament player. I consider myself to be an excellent limit hold'em player. I regularly beat 20-40 games at Foxwoods and the Taj, and most recently have beaten the 15-30 at the Bellagio (I just made my first Vegas trip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Being a student of life and having a never settle attitude, I would like to get better at tournament play, specifically no-limit. If anyone out there can recommend a good text I would appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Probability and Stats text books

I've made some posts about textbooks:

Re: Probability - Where to Start?

Quick probability answer
Old 01-30-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Probability and Stats text books

Brucez,

Thank you very much I will go to Barnes and Noble and take a look. I appreciate the help. Take care and root for my Pats this Sunday. Later