Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 04:46 AM

Default PT Experts out there

Hey guys what are some usfull PT uses. Right now I just plug in the hands I play. Often though, my Hotmail account is full so i miss some emails. Anyways, I"m trying to request 100 hands every 20 minutes and to update my PT every 2 hours, which is annoying really when im playing 4 games. But if i don't my hotmail account will get full and PP won't be able to send me anymore emails. I play 4 3/6's simutaneously and really have no use for PT yet.

What are some usefull stats I can put on my note sheets of my opponents?
Right now my BB/100 hands is 2.36 but that's only 2,200 hands. Also my preflop raise is about %7.88.

Is there anyway you can pick an opponent and Find out the Percent of time he Reraises preflop? or how about the hands that he 3 bets with. That would be very usefull sometimes.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: PT Experts out there

Use outlook express with your hotmail account.
Then you can have it run in the background and when you get the hand histories you can move them to your inbox on your local computer. That way it never gets full.
And download this program HideOE. It makes outlook express to a tray icon.. And also when you get an e-mail a little window popup and tell you... pretty cool..![img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

HideOE download
Old 05-20-2004, 06:39 AM

When you use outlook you can drag the HH's to your inbox and get some free space at your hotmail account and import them from there.

Your stats are good but like you said yourself 2200 hands in nothing.

Use more detail button in the genaral tab to find some of the stats from your opponents. You can use the filter option to find some information about specific hands. I hope this helps...

Guido
Old 05-20-2004, 06:43 AM

And to get some guidelines to what your numbers should look like here is a post by MsSunshine that explains some:
MsSunshine

I know of another good post that Sunshine have wrote that explains more about the stats but I cant remember the URL. And I haven’t found it in the search. Somebody else might have the link?

And for your third question you can use "Advanced Poker Tracker Notes Exporter" to export stats to your poker site’s notes file. And then you can check the stats direct at the people you are playing with! It's a great tool! Use it!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:20 AM

THe first thing I used PT for was to lookk for holes in my game. I looked for hands that were losing me money, then checked them by position to get an idea of what hands I should be dropping pre-flop.

THen I started to use it to judge opponents. The Export notes feature is terrific. Under utilities choose import/export notes, then choose advanced export. You can choose which statistics you want to export. I use pre-flop raise % and total flops seen % and total dollars won. It will automatically update your notes. Be careful though it will overwrite your current notes. If you want to keep them I think there is a way, but I don't know how.

3 bet hands and limp re-raise hands aren't available yet, but he tells me he's working on it.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:43 AM

it is very easy to keep your previous notes on players.

on step 2 look on the far right of the screen and it gives you options on whether you want your previous player notes to come before or after the new stats you are exporting...or if you want the notes eliminated entirely.

however, make sure to do this....a couple people have reported not seeing this option and accidentally getting rid of everything they had.

i'm kind of in fletchjr's situation in that i have to import the e-mails every couple of hours or my e-mail box gets full. my outlook-express is screwed up somehow and i havent taken my computer in to a tech-support guy to help me out with it.

part of the reason i havent bothered is because it isn't THAT hard to just save each e-mail to a file and get it over to poker-tracker...that is especially true now that i use two monitors when playing.

i have read a few players mention how difficult it is to copy-and-paste the whole file onto word-pad each time.
i agree that this is a pain.....that is also why i choose a much simpler method.

you dont have to copy and paste the whole thing guys...
just save it as a .txt file.

i have a folder with files hh1, hh2, hh3 and so on.
i just save over these same files over and over again and use them to export. it's really pretty easy.

i know many of you already know that you don't have to copy-and-paste...but i also know there are probably a few readers who think this is the only way....so i mention this every once in awhile as a general PSA and FYI.

obviously, saving the p-tracker hh's takes a little bit of effort...and if you only have 1 screen with 4 tables covering that screen it can be a little tricky...but not excessively so.

and the benefits i get out of the notes-export alone makes it well worth the effort.....then throw in all the self-analysis of my own play and i find it almost imperative that i get those hands in p-tracker each and every time.

one of these days i'll get that outlook express thing straightened out and it will be even easier.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Outlook and Msn messenger Conflicts, Thanks All

I've noticed that my send recieve works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
I've also noticed it has something to do with my msn. I have 2 msn accounts. one strictly for poker and another strictly for socializing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
When i switch my msn's over, my outlook will now be able to upload off the net, or it will all of a sudden stop. I can't really figure exactly out what happens or why though.

Also Thanks all for your help, looks like this PT is going to be a very usefull tool. HOw often should a 3/6 4 gamer be uploading? every 20 minutes sound par?