Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 AM

Default TPWK, Paired Board

I played this hand during my first orbit at the table so I didn't have any reads.

1) Should I have folded PF?
2) Do I lead out the flop?
3) How many outs did I have to peel one off to the turn, how many outs did I need to do so?
4) I slowed played the turn because I the Villain to keep betting and planned to pop him on the river instead of announcing "Hey, I have a 9"

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 03-30-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: TPWK, Paired Board

1. Complete here is good.

2. Yes. If you don't, who will?

3. Don't be concerned about outs when you likely have the best hand.

4. This is awful. AWFUL. Failing to bet and raise here cost you money.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 AM

Lead the flop. After doing that you'll have to lead the turn and river when you trip up.

If you think someone in LP will bet you could try for a check raise.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:47 AM

Complete is fine. Flop looks fine. You should've been more aggressive on the turn and not gone for the c/r on the river. If the river got checked through, it would've been disatrous.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 AM

fold preflop. i think you're getting result-oriented. unless you get the miracle hand like you did, you have an unlikely flush, no straight, and even if you pair either cards, you'll still lose.

don't lead the flop. a lot of people limp in with 9x. bet out on the river.

you're either tied or ahead, no point in betting out on the turn. let him continue to bluff.

Edit: well, as i was posting a lot of other people posted and all disagree with me. so nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop. i think you're getting result-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

For half a SB, it's always good to play any two suited cards and see what the flop has to offer. You can get away from it easily if nothing hits you.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:18 PM

I play for a check-raise on the flop (protect your hand!). When it doesn't work, calling is good. I don't like leading this flop into 6 players because once one guy calls they all end up calling and when an over card hits the turn you're done. So I try to keep the pot small by checking and hope I can get a check-raise done. If I check the flop and the flop action and turn card don't go my way then I move on to the next hand.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play for a check-raise on the flop (protect your hand!). When it doesn't work, calling is good. I don't like leading this flop into 6 players because once one guy calls they all end up calling and when an over card hits the turn you're done. So I try to keep the pot small by checking and hope I can get a check-raise done. If I check the flop and the flop action and turn card don't go my way then I move on to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wanted to protect his hand he would be the flop. A check-raise would be for value, and a good value raise it would be
Old 03-30-2005, 12:37 PM

I favor a flop bet here, free cards bad. save this play for like your K,A top pairs from SB where free card not so bad.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I favor a flop bet here, free cards bad. save this play for like your K,A top pairs from SB where free card not so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too unhappy if this flop goes through checked honestly.