Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Poker Tracker for tourneys??

I have yet to use Poker Tracker, but am considering downloading it. I much prefer SNG and 1 on 1 NL tourneys play with the occasional multi thrown in.....in comparison to ring/limit games.

My question is can Poker Tracker help my tourney play? If so, how and why specificallly?

Thanks....I really think this forum has made me a more discipline player.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker for tourneys??

Depends on the site. I know that multi's are not covered on Party, but I think they are on Stars and Ultimate bet, you should look on trackers web page for better details.

I find tracker to be most usefull for single table tourneys. The tracker is very usefull for deciding if you want to play in a tourney, as offten the games are dominated by + players, so you can skip it, and wait for a more lucrative entry. The other thing I find most valuble is steal rates on players. Tracker tells you how offten players try to steal the blinds, and how offten they fold blinds to steals. So, you can use this info to pick your seat, based on what position is best against what players.

AeonBlues
Old 01-26-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker for tourneys??

I guess I have no idea of all the things it can provide you with. I actually work in the market research field and with data files every day. I would imagine it just provides you with easy splitting of the data (your play) by valued variables (position, hand, buy-in, etc?).

I'll know more soon because it seems like a worthy investment. I think I need to see the figures in black and white that prove when disciplined I make money and when wild/impatient I lose A LOT of money.