Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 02:58 AM

Default AA Played OK I think?

No reads really just sat down taking a shelling too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Ok that 3 bet there got my attention *possible flush draw here?* maybe doing a free card play after 3 betting preflop

Turn: (15 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Can't give him a free card if he is on flush draw.

River: (20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Ok i dind't want to see this here really... but he raised turn so most likely isn't on flush so i bet out.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 02-23-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: AA Played OK I think?

Just check/call the river. Everything else is okay I think.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:00 AM

Flop looks fine. I would have check/raised the turn and called down a 3-bet. All of this stop and go nonsense makes little sense to me.

Brad
Old 02-23-2005, 03:10 AM

you mean his call 3 bet? ya no kidding... i was totally baffled.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:10 AM

The flop is OK. You can probably cap here, but it seems just as well to call and disguise your hand somewhat. I like leading the turn, because it traps UTG+1 if he isn't on something like a flush draw that won't fold. In this case it worked well. I think you can basically rule out a flush draw for MP3 - he's betting a made hand.

On the river I feel like you're usually good, unless MP3 specifically has JTs, AA, or some JJ/TT set. I want to 3-bet, even though it feels a little laggy. The better line may be to check/raise the river, calling a 3-bet. I don't believe MP3 will check behind here. A lot of players would probably recommend check/calling the river, but there are so many legitimate hands that you beat..
Old 02-23-2005, 03:26 AM

After three-betting the flop and raising hero's turn bet, do you really think he just has top pair? You're beat the majority of the time on the river, it's a crying call due to the large pot.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean his call 3 bet? ya no kidding... i was totally baffled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I missed the limp-reraise preflop. I'm still not putting in lots of SnG's as you did. I'm either check/raising the turn or 3-betting his raise. If he still wants to dance, I'll gladly look him up.

Brad
Old 02-23-2005, 03:34 AM

ya now that i think about it, stupid river bet check call was right choice there.