Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 05:53 PM

Default 10-20 from party

I think I played this hand pretty well, let me know what you guys think(the turn is my biggest concern). 10/20 full table at party, and I am on the BB with KJ of clubs. 3 limpers, huge LAG button raises, sb folds, I call, 3 limpers call. 10 small bets and we're off!

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Average I guess. I am 100% certain that the button will bet here if checked to, and raise if bet into, so I check hoping to check raise and clear the field, is this what most of you would do? Anyway it goes according to plan, button bets I raise, 2 limpers auto muck, a limper in the CO calls(no read on him) and button just calls. Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . Double-edged sword! I bet out and the cutoff calls again, button man calls. River is the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I stand up and can barely tap "bet"..Cutoff now folds and button calls and I drag it home.

My biggest question is the turn, should I have feared the flush when the CO calls two cold? I did, but I bet anyway, maybe check-call is better? I didn't want to give a free card to any chump with a lone heart. Anyways let me know what you think.
-James
Old 11-21-2003, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 10-20 from party

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest question is the turn, should I have feared the flush when the CO calls two cold? I did, but I bet anyway, maybe check-call is better? I didn't want to give a free card to any chump with a lone heart. Anyways let me know what you think.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
I think bet is fine, because some chump online will call with a gutshot or pair+draw or some pair too. but what were you planning to do if cut-off popped you on the turn? getting at least 10:1 at that point, u call? then river?

kenny
Old 11-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i don't feel it's a good idea, generally, to be afraid of people calling. if you scared him into turtling with a flush, you have done a good thing anyway.

i would have played it the same.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:51 PM

maybe you can or can't fear the flush, but how could you check here? you don't want to give a free card to someone with a crappy heart.