Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Somebody call a doctor...

...and have him remove this horseshoe from my ass. Since Sunday, I have played 4 tournaments:

Sunday evening - Live $120/1 $100 rebuy at Lucky Chances - 4th place; profit of roughly $1000.
Monday early morning (2 AM) - Pokerstars $20 buy in NL hold 'em tournament - 1st place. profit of about $1100.
Tuesday night - Pokerstars $10 rebuy tournament. 58th (out of 988). Profit of about $60.
Tuesday night - Pokerstars $100 PL hold-em. 1st place. Profit of roughly $3400.

Whew. I feel like I've been playing quite well. I made the two questionable moves in the live tournament (see the 'two strange hands' post), but in the end it turned out I had gotten my money in as a favorite.

The one move i made that I knew was bad at the time (even before I saw the other hand I cursed myself just as I hit the call button) was in the $20 tournament was calling an all-in re-raise with AQs. The other player had AK and I hit my flush on the turn.

Other than that it seems like every time I've had a coinflop for all or most of my chips I've won it (especially in the $100 PL tournament today). Other than the AQs call, I don't think I ever got all-in for significant chips as a big dog.

I was particularly happy with the $100 win (not just because of the money) because I spent the first half of the tournament almost completely card-dead (I was down to about T800 at one point). I managed to stay patient until I finally caught some cards (as tempting as it was to start fooling around earlier to try and double up quickly).

Anyway, no real point to this other than to offer a hearty (and continuing) "thank you" to everyone who has spent their time here commenting on my hands and others; I would not be one tenth the poker player I am if it was not for this forum.

Also, for everyone who feels like they are sucked out on every time they play, I can only say stay patient and you will be rewarded for your superior play sooner or later.

Good luck and warm fuzzies to all.

Chris
Old 03-03-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Somebody call a doctor...

I know what you mean! I've finished on the final table in my last 3 tourneys, thanks to the advice I've received on this site.

2/29/04 - PartyPoker $5 buy in NL hold 'em tournament - 2nd (out of 1430) place. profit of about $759.50.
3/1/04 - PartyPoker $30 buy in NL hold 'em tournament . 7th (out of 95). Profit of about $138.00.
3/3/04- Paradise $20 buy in NL hold 'em tournament . 4th place (out of 71). Profit of about $100.00.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Somebody call a doctor...

Man, now we both need a doctor. Our arms are all sore from patting ourselves on the back. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]