Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 09:17 PM

Default 8h 10h from the BB in 10-20

I am sitting at a 10-20 table at pacific poker against 3 other players (2 decent, 1 unknown). UTG folds, button calls and the small blind raises. At this point I make the dubious play (is it?) of calling with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The flop comes down 8 4 2 with rainbowed with one [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB bets, I reraise, button calls, SB reraises. Is it correct to call this raise. I put the SB on an overpair. A heart comes on the turn and I check and call. A miracle heart appears on the river and I check raise. I believe I played the hand correctly; however, I am not certain about the initial call and the 3 bet call.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:59 PM

Default Re: 8h 10h from the BB in 10-20

For one bet I would surely call a small blind raise, especially with only four players at the table. The raise on the flop, calling the reraise and check calling the flop all seem correct. And you got lucky with the backdoor flush. I question the check raise on the river but it worked.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:40 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 8h 10h from the BB in 10-20

this post is terrible.

"sb bets, i reraise" it's a RAISE.

what happened to the button? it only mentions that he called the first raise on the flop. are we to assume you checkraised him on the river?

for what it's worth, i think the initial call is fine.