Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Losing all Losing all is offline
Senior Member

Location: South of Heaven
Default UB freakin mania!!!

So who else is going for this? I plan on maxing it playing 10-30, so it wont be an easy task. not like I have anything better to do though. I've been trying to figure out the ev on this the last couple of days and it seems to work for all but the highest limit players.

It seems like a no-brainer for anyone who wants to build a decent BR and has plenty of time in July. Clearing the bonus seems to be the biggest issue, but it's not so bad if you can free 1 of 4 slots for a few months. It kind of works out like getting lucy Jones every day, for months, playing 1 table of .5/1., 1-2, 2/4, whatever.

anyways, I'd like to get some feedback on this and maybe some better stratigies. I also have a few questions-

1) does anyone know yet what the week periods will be? (1st-7th, mon-sun, etc)

2) when and what is the bonus for the odd half week?

3) I checked out the site for the first time (very late) last night, and sng's were close to dead. Is this usually the case on graveyard? and more importantly, I'm sure traffic will go up quite a bit this month, can the servers handle a big influx?
Old 07-01-2004, 01:26 AM
Syntax Syntax is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: UB freakin mania!!!

Here is my attempt to find out how the weeks are split, and when the promo begins:

Hello,

Does the Sit'n Go promotion begin now at 12:00 EST, on July 1st? If so, what day does the first week of the promotion end? The bonus terms state there is an $800 max per week. July obviously has more then 28 days. Will the remainder be considered an extra week?

Thanks

--------------------------

Thank you for contacting us. The sit and go promotion starts tonight at midnight. Once it is, July 1st, the promotion stands.

The remainder will not be considered a whole week.

Between July 1 and July 31, every time you play in any 6-handed or 10 handed sitngo tournament, you'll earn bonus dollars equivalent to ˝ of your buy-in. A $5 sitngo earns 2.5 bonus bucks, a $50 sitngo earns 25 bonus bucks, and so on. Then, any time you like, you can roll those bonus bucks into greenbacks just by playing in any raked game from $.25-$.50 on up. (For the full skinny on how bonus dollars work, just click here.) Best of all, you can earn up to $800 bonus bucks each week during this period. All during July, the more you play, the more we play. It's as simple as that.

If this did not address your concerns please get back to us and we will.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

----------------------------------

Thanks for the fast response, however neither of my questions where
really answered. As for when the promotion starts, do you go by
Eastern Standard Time or another time zone?

How will the remainder days work? Does the promotion end on July 28,
not the 31st?

Can you give me the exact dates that compromise each week of the
promotion and the maximum allowable bonus during that period?
For example:

Week 1: July 1-7, $800 max bonus.

Thanks,
Old 07-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Losing all Losing all is offline
Senior Member

Location: South of Heaven

Thanks for looking into it, good job. Even though they were more than a little vague.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:27 AM
umdpoker umdpoker is offline
Senior Member

does ub have good nl games? if so, how bad is it to clear bonuses with nl play? i would play their lowest or 2nd lowest level of nl if i did this. also, i dont even have an account with them, so would i get an extra sign-up bonus? thanks.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:48 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

deposit now to get the initial-deposit bonus of 20% up to $100 ($500 deposit).

then deposit again by July 1 to take advantage of the reload 20% up to $100 (another $500).

(this reload has been in effect from May 25-July 1 so most Ub'ers around here should have already taken advnatage of it).
Old 07-01-2004, 08:02 AM
aces961 aces961 is offline
Member

Location: Urbana, IL

After several emails to support this was the answer I eventually got, and from these emails it appears you can get up to 4k bonus dollars.

Dear aces961 ,

On Monday July 5th, you will receive bonus dollars for
play July 1-4.

On Monday July 12th, you will receive bonus dollars for
play July 5th to 11th.

On Monday July 19th, I will receive bonus dollars for
play July 12th to 18th.

On Monday July 26th, I will receive bonus dollars for
play July 19th to 25th.

On Monday August 2st, I will receive bonus dollars for
play July 26th to 31st.

Yes, you will receive a maximum of 800 bonus dollars depending on the
amount of sit and go tournament that you play (Between July 1 and July
31...... you’ll earn bonus dollars equivalent to ˝ of your buy-in. ).

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Ricky
Customer Service Department

From: aces961
Date: 07/01/04
To: memberservices@ultimatebet.com

Hello,
I had already read this from the webpage, my
question concerns the limit of 800 bonus dollars per
week stated on the webpage. What are the dates of
each week long period where we will be able to recieve
up to 800 bonus dollars. Please do not reply each week
in july or something to that effect. I am looking for
exact date ranges like July 1-7 or July 3-9.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:53 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

this is how i suspected it would operate.
thanks for looking into it and confirming.

indeed, $4k in bonuses appears to be the max here...but you're going to have a VERY busy weekend coming up to get the $800 in this short week.

i started it last night and re-learned something about myself....that being that i am not a great SNG player (couple that with a few awful suck-outs led to some pretty lousy starting results).

i'm going to try it for a little while longer just for kicks...but i'm not going to kill myself on this one....if it is going well then i'll keep at it but if it is bombing then i have no problems with taking a pass on it for the rest of the month.

i had previously thought that clearing almost $500 in bonus money there would be quite a chore so i really don't know what i would do with $4k more on top of that (much less just $1k more).

however, i do wish good luck to all the fellow SNG-ers.
i'll be interested to see if anyone here actually does make it to $4k in bonus-money this month and how profitable they were on the SNG's themelves.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:21 PM
steeser steeser is offline
Senior Member

While the bonus will be tough to clear, it does seem like a great deal to do. I'm shocked that it's 50%.

I think I will try to get the max that I can. All it requires is playing 16 $100 sit-n-go's in that period.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:29 PM
vetman81 vetman81 is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
All it requires is playing 16 $100 sit-n-go's in that period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or 320 $5 sit-n-gos. LOL.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:34 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

i will be closer to the 320 $5 SNG's then i will be to the 16 $100 SNG's.

i'm playing a couple of the 5's right now.....after getting pummelled in the 10's and 20's last night.