Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Tourney hand #1

It is early in the tournament, maybe third level, and I am in the BB with AA. A middle position player limps in and the button limps in. SB folds. How do you play this?

I rarely slow play Aces, to easy to lose a lot of money, but in this case there was no money in the pot so I just checked.

Flop was Qd 7d 3c.

I decide to check and come over the top taking whatever is in the pot when it gets back to me. However, MP bets the minimum and the button folds. There is still no money in this pot. I just call.

Turn is Kh. I bet about twice what is in the pot expecting to take it, but I get called. I'm thinking "Good, as long as a diamond doesn't fall I'll should make some money."

River is a 6d -- crap. I check and MP shoves half his stack in the pot. I folded.

I'm not complaining here, as I would play the hand the same way under similar circumstances, and I did alright in the tournament. However, I figured I'd post this hand for comments.