Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 04:00 AM

Default thanks for tapping

Earlier tonight I was on one of the best 3-6 tables I've seen in a few weeks. 2 huge donators and a couple of lags. I was getting great cards and losing.

Such is life we have all been there.

It turns out there were a couple of 2+2ers on the table with me. Once again, no suprise. I'm sure the people that attracted me to the room attracted others.

After I made a runner runner flush on one of them,to beat his set as luck would have it, the other 2+2er starts ragging on me for being a fish. He starts telling me how high my VPIP is how many bb-100 I am stuck etc... etc...

Not suprisingly, the table broke within a few laps. Such is life. No big deal. there are other tables and other fish.

But, there is definately a reminder for us all here. Tapping scares the fish. I've been guilty of berating players myself. So, its a lesson I need to remember as well.

I'm not judging anyones play or behavior. I'm sure both of the 2+2ers in questions have bigger win rates and bankrolls then me. I also thought the player in question was good natured about it and just kidding.

But, as the table breaking demonstatrated, its just not worth it. Even if you chose to call someone names, which we should know better than, keep the techincal stats to yourself.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: thanks for tapping

I was just kidding around, duder. I thought I was all in good fun at the time, but I was just as sad when I realized what was happening. I don't ever insult players seriously. If you thought I was in any way serious, I apologize, and sorry about breaking up the game.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just kidding around, duder. I thought I was all in good fun at the time, but I was just as sad when I realized what was happening. I don't ever insult players seriously. If you thought I was in any way serious, I apologize, and sorry about breaking up the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I'm not mad nor did I think you were really insulting me. It was just a shame to see that table disapear. that one dude rivered me with 3 outs or less like 4 times and I was just waiting for his luck to change. No big deal.

He apparently logged off when it broke and thats a crying shame.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 AM

as long as I got my buddy list, he's always a winner in my book.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:16 AM

Don't ever mention terms like VPIP or BB/100 or anything like that at a table. Make fun of your friends for losing or whatever but but seriously no crazy sophisticated poker talk.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After I made a runner runner flush on one of them,to beat his set as luck would have it.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check raise his ass?

Stu
Old 04-13-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't ever mention terms like VPIP or BB/100 or anything like that at a table. Make fun of your friends for losing or whatever but but seriously no crazy sophisticated poker talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

word
Old 04-13-2005, 12:48 PM

I'm amazed at the things I've seen 2+2ers saying at the table. A few weeks ago I was playing some 1/2 6 max with two big donators. One of them sucked out against a more solid player, and the solid player began berating him. When the donk talked back a bit, the player became incredibly condescending, going so far as to say that he found it funny the donk didn't know who he was, that he was a professional poker player and that players like the donk would pay his bills.

Within a minute of this tirade, he threw out the "all county in '95" line at another player at the table. As subtlely as I could, I suggested that someone who was all county in '95 should know better than to talk about his greatness. He laughed it off, the donks left the table, and so did I.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:05 PM

People need to learn the disipline to control their emotions and not berate players who are donating money to the table.

Feel free to berate players that make fish get up and leave though. They deserve it.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After I made a runner runner flush on one of them,to beat his set as luck would have it.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check raise his ass?

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did. I'm suprised you need to ask.