Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Bubble hand question??

Last three tourneys i have been in I have found myself getting down to 11xBB somewhere in the second hour or so and have been dealt

4s
6s
7s

All times I felt that this was as good as of time than any to push all in and try to double up??

Do you feel these are good choices to try that with or should i wait a little longer?

ideas?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Bubble hand question??

We need many more details than simply your actual hand to give you a good response.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:21 PM

Actually, i don't think this needs extra details....

When your short stacked and you have to do something to stay alive is when im referring too.

Ive had this happen to me a several times in the last several MTT i have entered.

My thinking is that PP less than 7s might not be good hands to make a push...maybe its better to wait for like KQs or AQs....reason that Im thinking is that at least with those two hands (for example) you "usually" have at least a race with those hands where with the small pockets you either have a race situation where your slightly ahead or your a big dog....

That's my thoughts...
Old 03-05-2005, 07:33 PM

Well w/ 11BBs you don't have any room to play with, it's usually a push or fold situation. Unless you think your limp won't get reraised, in which case you can try for a set, but if you get raised you have a decision to make and little folding equity.

I don't hate a push w/ the 7s or even the 6s, not that 4s are much worse but I think 6s are probably the bottom of what I push with. With any of them I'm looking to steal the blinds and hoping to not be dominated if called. It is personal preference really.

-sloth