Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 12:29 PM

Default It\'s Time for Quiz #3!!!

Another round of tantilizing trinkets:

1. 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. UTG limps, I limp as does LMP, CO and button, SB folds, BB raises, all call.

Flop [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. BB bets, UTG calls. Action?

2. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in EMP. First 3 fold to you. Action?

3. Black 8-8 on the button. UTG+2 and MP limp, I limp, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. BB bets, UTG+2 folds, MP raises, I 3-bet, BB folds, MP caps, I call.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP bets, I raise, MP calls.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP checks, I bet, MP check-raises. Action?

4. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. UTG limps, EMP limps, I limp, button limps, both blinds in.

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]. Checked to me, I bet, button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG check-raises, EMP folds, I 3-bet, button, SB and UTG call.

Turn 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, UTG bets. Action?

5. 8-2o in the BB. 5 limpers including the SB. I pondered raising but decided to just check to conceal my hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Flop [8-7-3 rainbow]. SB bets. Action?

6. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in LMP. UTG+1 limps, MP limps, I raise, folded to the blinds who both call as do UTG+1 and MP.

Flop [Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Checked to MP who bets. Action?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: It\'s Time for Quiz #3!!!

Yay! I love your quizzes Festus, I learnt a lot from the last one. These are quite hard questions, but I'll give it a shot.

1. I would have raised pre-flop, but fold.

2. Limp usually, depending if I think people will limp after me (at the tables I play at, they usually will). This question really depends on table texture.

3. Call. Smells like MP has a strong hand, but AKd is unlikely because of the PF action, as is KK, 76 seems impossible, the only semi-sane hand I can see that beats you is K3d. But, the only hand I can see that he could have played like this and you beat is 33, and he probably would not have played this way. If he is ahead, he will probably cap, so just call.

4. Raise, the pot is big, UTG could easily have Ax and outdraw you, this isn't the time to get cute.

5. Raise if you think he'd bet a 7 or a 3 here, this seems the perfect opportunity to protect your vulnerable top pair.

6. Raise, you raised PF, they expect you to raise here. If you just call here and raise the turn, you could kill your action.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:21 PM

Another very intersting set of hands!

My answers:

1) Raise. See how much BB likes his hand. Call a 3-bet and fold turn to a bet if unimproved. Absent 3 bet, and non-scary turn and river, you can call down.

2) Limp. You're playing this for the flush still, so raising will reduce your implied odds.

3) Call. For 1 more bet I've got to see this. He limped PF, but capped rainbow flop, then check-raised river when 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hit? Not many hands play that way. Maybe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

4) Call if you think SB is gonna call 1 more, raise if you think he's gonna drop out anyway. You likely have the very best hand here, and if not, you have quite a few outs to make it on the river. (Edit: For the purpose of tallying this quiz, you can put me down as raise, since I'm slightly leaning to that).

5) Raise. Try to get weak overcards, flush draws, gutshot draws out. With top pair, bad kicker I need to either get as few people to come along as possible, or be shown resistance to back down. Especially on a flop that is unlikely to have hit anyone else.

6) Raise. Not a big fan of slowplaying trips. Sets maybe, but not trips.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:34 PM

1. Raise in a tight game, call in a loose-passive game.
Flop: Fold, if im ahead, there are too many cards I dont wanna see.
2. fold
3.Raise if I feel I might get rid of blinds this way.
River: Call.
4.Raise
5. Raise ( you have the bestest hand !)(or fold, no idea...)
6. Raise (else you feel like an idiot when a five falls on the turn and someone goes berzerk with his pock fives...been there too much. No slowplay with pair on board trips)
Old 02-02-2004, 01:49 PM

1) Raise to see where you are. Woulda raised preflop.
2) Fold
3) Call (Probably will Flip K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
4) Raise. I am at a toss up between calling and raising. Calling will get the one more BB into the pot, raising may only get the same as the next to act may well fold.
5) Raise
6) Raise
5)
Old 02-02-2004, 02:18 PM

1. I'd raise before the flop and fold on the flop.

If there were no cold caller I'd consider a raise. With the cold caller ... way too messy.

2. Fold.

3. I'd raise before the flop.

On the river, I call. Looks like he has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something.

4. I call. I don't know if I have UTG beat, but I want to keep SB and Button around to give the both of us equity.

5. Raise.

6. Raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Another round of tantilizing trinkets:

1. 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1. UTG limps, I limp as does LMP, CO and button, SB folds, BB raises, all call.

Flop [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. BB bets, UTG calls. Action?

2. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in EMP. First 3 fold to you. Action?

3. Black 8-8 on the button. UTG+2 and MP limp, I limp, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. BB bets, UTG+2 folds, MP raises, I 3-bet, BB folds, MP caps, I call.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP bets, I raise, MP calls.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP checks, I bet, MP check-raises. Action?

4. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. UTG limps, EMP limps, I limp, button limps, both blinds in.

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]. Checked to me, I bet, button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG check-raises, EMP folds, I 3-bet, button, SB and UTG call.

Turn 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, UTG bets. Action?

5. 8-2o in the BB. 5 limpers including the SB. I pondered raising but decided to just check to conceal my hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Flop [8-7-3 rainbow]. SB bets. Action?

6. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in LMP. UTG+1 limps, MP limps, I raise, folded to the blinds who both call as do UTG+1 and MP.

Flop [Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Checked to MP who bets. Action?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2004, 02:19 PM

1. Fold
2. Fold
3. Call
4. Raise
5. Fold
6. Raise
Old 02-02-2004, 02:29 PM

1. Call. You're getting 14:1 on your 22:1 shot with huge implied odds. You want the rest to call, so I wouldn't raise here.

2. Fold.

3. Call. But I'm a river wimp. You can't fold, IMO. There's too much in the pot.

4. Raise. Huge hand, huge draw.

5. Raise to knock out overcards.

6. Raise. Slow playing trips (especially on a coordinated board) is asking for trouble.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:30 PM

1. Call, getting 16:1.
2. Limp, table dependent though.
3. Reraise, don't fear a backdoor flush, he liked his hand on the flop.
4. Raise, you have a monster.
5. Fold, your hand is junk.
6. Raise, no one will believe you anyway.

Lost Wages
Old 02-02-2004, 02:44 PM

#1 - Raise, I would have raised PF also
#2 - Limp
#3 - Call
#4 - Call
#5 - Fold
#6 - Raise