Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Holdem Advice Needed!!!

I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of preflop and river play/strategy. The two areas of my game that I think need the most work are on the flop and the turn. Does anybody have any good personal advice, book recommendations, article recommendations, etc... that will improve my flop and turn play?

P.S. I am talking about limit holdem.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Holdem Advice Needed!!!

Besides the usual advice, I would recommend "How Good is Your Limit Holdem" by Byron Jacobs (with Jim Brier). Following the recommendation of other posters here (earlier thread is title of book), I got this book and find it very interesting -- I'm about 1/3 through.

The book is set up as a series of quizzes about what to do as a hand progresses and thus would probably help sharpen your play in those areas you feel weak in. Or even find other leaks: I always thought my preflop play was pretty solid, but the quizzes are pegging me as a little too tight. I'm not sure I agree 100% (I am chosing to fold what I think are marginal hands against raises from good players more than they recommend), but it is really getting me thinking.

In all, I am finding this kind of quiz very useful and would recommend this book.