Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 12:23 PM

Default AA, called by 8 others pre-flop!

Yup, last night, at a Pokerstars 0.05/0.10 table I am on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The table is very loose with 3 or 4 players who chase any pair, any overcards and any conceivable backdoor draw.

6 players limp in before me, I raise, both blinds call, as well as the 6 limpers.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

All 8 players check to me. Ideally a late bet would have forced everyone to call 2 after I raise, but alas. So I bet and we lose only 1 player. 8 to the turn.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Now the SB bets out, 5 more calls to me. What do you do?
Old 01-28-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Re: AA, called by 8 others pre-flop!

You need to raise here.

Why are you thinking you would do anything but that? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

He could have a 9 and 8 or something and may just be putting you on a big ace, or something to that affect, figuring you missed your flop.

Are you immediately putting him on JT? or 99? -

If he plays back at you, then maybe consider those things, but not now....

Old 01-28-2004, 12:50 PM

couldn't agree more....not that it matters though....but just...u know...that U know [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM

The 9 completes a lot of possible straights and with these players any number of 2-pair combinations, plus the possiblility of a spiked set.

Indeed I did raise and was called down by the turn bettor was well as the other 5 players. I will post the ultimate showdown results later.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:50 PM

This board is not nearly scary enough to lay this hand down. You are well ahead of the button if he made top pair, you don't want to give a free card to any backdoor straights, and if he has made shitty two-pair, you have outs to a set or a better two pair (if the board pairs and doesn't give him a boat). Raise the turn. If 3-bet, call and check/call the river. If not, lead the river if you still have a fair amount of callers.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Results

I raised on the turn, and the original turn bettor flat called as well as the rest of the players.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It is checked to a MP who bets, folded to me, I call as well as the SB (turn bettor). The MP flips Q9o for runner runner trips, I muck, and the SB shows 56o for the turned str8 and the winner.

I wonder if I could have saved 3 BB by simply folding on the turn against 5 other players, one of which is almost sure to have me beat. But it was also a big pot to give up on, and people bet with strange hands....I am still not sure, but here's hoping AA holds up in a huge pot next time.

Old 01-30-2004, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the SB bets out, 5 more calls to me. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn, call a 3-bet, and call the river (If 3-bet on the turn & bet into on the river).