Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 02:02 PM

Default An okay spot for c/c, c/c, bet?

Villain has been active in a lot of pots, but that's all I really know about him so far. He seems loose, but I've been at the table for like 3 orbits.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets
Old 08-22-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: An okay spot for c/c, c/c, bet?

I would fold this preflop unless he's a known maniac. Same goes for check-folding the turn.

I generally don't think you get folds from better hands on boards like this either, but it's an interesting bluff situation I suppose.

Rob
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM

I don't think you should be calling this preflop to get it HU OOP against a semi-unknown villan who raised UTG.

Given that you called, I would check/call the flop and check/fold the turn UI.

Haupt_234
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM

I think he would open with any pair, medium suited connectors, JTo+, Ax, Kxs. That was my range, but as I said I didn't have the most solid read ever. It's just my reasoning for defending the blind there.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:26 PM

I was just wondering, could you guys tell me what the motivation for CC the flop is if we're planning on CF the turn? We're not getting the odds to improve, especially on a one card draw, and rarely does a CC inspire an aggressor to slow down even with a worse hand. Is that the idea though? To see if he slows down on the turn once we CC?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:50 PM

I think C/C C/C C/F would be better.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should fold the turn if hes not gonna see the showdown. I say c/c c/c c/c unimproved. or c/c c/f c/f.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he would open with any pair, medium suited connectors, JTo+, Ax, Kxs. That was my range, but as I said I didn't have the most solid read ever. It's just my reasoning for defending the blind there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's borderline maniacal UTG raising standards -- over 30% PFR -- and should be noted. That's not just a bit "loose" -- it's pretty crazy. And against that sort of player I'd probably just check-call all the way to the river. He's really not the sort of player in general to be betting all the way and then folding, even on a 4-straight board.

Rob
Old 08-22-2005, 04:58 PM

I'm not 100% sure about this, but here's my take.

A reasonable preflop raiser would tend to worry about the big blind calling his flop bet on an AKx board, since those flops are typically scary to most players who are against a preflop raiser. For this reason, he would more often check behind on the turn unless he had a good hand (at the least, a pair of aces or better). These situations are obviously player-dependent, but I this is one possible interpretation.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should fold the turn if hes not gonna see the showdown. I say c/c c/c c/c unimproved. or c/c c/f c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ISF here. I think the point is that villian could well fire again with worse hands on the turn and then check behind on the river. I don't like betting the river, I don't think you get called by a worse hand more than 50% of the time.

Also, how are you check-folding the turn and river? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]