Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Interesting hand with A-6

This is from a $30 Party NLHE Sit N Go. Blinds are still low (10-15) and I have not played a hand. I am on the button with A-6o. SB is a tight player who would only call with something. BB won the 1st. hand played with a poor hand, then put another player all-in with 10-10 facing AJ on the board. He was knocked down to T120. A hand later he doubled on a Q-6. As you can see, I don't put much stock in this players judgement. Anyway, I raise the pot to 60, the SB calls (not good) and BB raises to 125. Flop comes 9, 7, 3 rainbow. SB checks and the BB goes all in for his last 115 chips. I called. My hand did not improve and neither did his. He turned over AJs for the win. What do you think of my play?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand with A-6

I'm not calling a pre-flop reraise with A6o. It's early, you tried to steal and got caught. Since the BB is short-stacked and didn't push in, you've got to believe he has some kind of hand. At best you have to think you have one overcard to a small pair or maybe be up against KQ. Let them see you can lay it down after a preflop raise. That my get them to take shots at you when you *do* have a hand.