Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 11:57 AM

Default A9s all-in hand, analysis please...

Yesterday at a $100 buy-in B@M tournament. 90 players, final table (10) gets paid. First is about $3,200 down to tenth which is $180. It's been a long day due to a slow blind structure and a reasonably good field, so we're at the final 17 after about 5 hours (with a few 10 minute breaks). Starting chip stack was 100.

The hand; Average chip stack is about 420, blinds are at 15-30 and about to take a decent jump to 25-50 the next hand. I'm on the button with 170 and look down to see A9 spades. The table has been playing very tight with small stacks going all-in and little post flop play. UTG thinks for a while then limps in. Folds all around to me. I take a look at UTGs stack which is about 320. I take some time counting down my chips and push all in. Blinds fold. I figure that this will be the last time with my current stack size that I have any folding equity given that the blinds are going up and that a raise of 140 is almost half UTG's stack.

Should I have waited for a better hand or is this a good push?

Analysis please...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: A9s all-in hand, analysis please...

Easy push, you played it fine. If he has a monster, so be it.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: A9s all-in hand, analysis please...

I don't like it.

UTG Limper Big Stack = Trap. On tight table he is afraid a raise will get too much respect and he won't get action. Would much rather play against a short stack with A9s even in position.