Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 PM

Default Couple microscopic limit hands

Heads up Spread limit .25-3$. Blinds, .25, .50

I'm playing pretty fast picking up blinds at all possible opportunities. So I'm grinding him down. He seems to be raising strange amounts frequently (1-2 dollars) as opposed to my standard .75 cent raise (effectively making it 1.25 to go.

Then this hand comes up.
I'm on the button with the BB and he takes the bet to 2 dollars (2.50) I look down and see A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Now right now I'm thinking, he's gotta be on a weak ace, so I can definately trap him for a lot. I call.

Flop:

A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

Ah yesss, its like I can hear the chips in the distance.

Check, I bet 1.75 I believe. He calls. I still firmly believe him to be on a weak ace.

Turn: 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Check, Check. I figure if he's on a weak ace, I can make it look like I was trying to pick it up on the flop as I frequently was doing.

River: A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

He bets 3.00. Now I'm thinking, I have him, he's going down with trip aces, lower kicker. I raise 3 dollars. He calls (to be nice).

Hand # 2:

I have KJo in the SB, and I make it 1.25 to go. He calls.

Flop: KJQ rainbow.

oh yeah, no draws for him. I bet 1.75. He calls.

Turn: Q

Oh how I hated that card, but never the less my kicker was still pretty good and I really didn't wanna second guess myself, 1.50. Call

River: 5

I check figuring that he can't call me if he can't raise.

He bets 3. I think for awhile and muck.

Hand #3

Once again SB this time A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

VVN

I make it 1.50 to go, he calls.

Flop JJ7

Now I'm thinking, I really don't think he caught a piece of that. I bet a buck. He calls!

turn: Q

Check, check

river: 3

Check, he bets a buck. I figure I got the nut-no pair and I he may stab at this at least 1 in four times and call.

Hand one: he has 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] OW OW OW!!!!!!

Hand 2: queen five for a boat. Holy jesus!

Hand 3: J5 for trips!

On the last one I say, I really didn't put you on j5o, didn't think you;d call my raise. He says "I had a feeling that flop would hit me when I called."

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I lost probably 9 dollars in the course of a half-hour. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Just so you guys know, I don't normally play kitchen table games but there is no card club in madison, WI. Gotta wait to get back to canterbury.

Later,

Joe