Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 11:18 AM

Default The \"Pop-In\"

The nerve...what makes people think they can come over anytime they want with no pre-warning of a visit.

I swear, my mother in law has seen me on more occasions in my underwear in the past year than her own husband. Then of course we have my wife's best freind Wendy constantly stopping in for a chit chat and coffee. And lets not forget the kids and their bratty little freinds that decide to play music from "The Casualties" at 9 AM on a Saturday morning.

I think I will make this the 'summer of John' and get away from the insanity for awhile. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: The \"Pop-In\"

Well this is an easy one. Don't wear any underwear.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:36 AM

The other day I was in the middle of a great nap when the doorbell rang.

I did one of those jump out of bed before youre even really awake things and was halfway to the door before i realized wtf was going on. I didnt even know why I got of bed until the doorbell rang again.

I went to unlock with my right hand and my left hand was down my pants, I paused at the door and pulled my hand back realizing I was in nothing but ragged boxers. I heard some girls laughing outside but was like, [censored] it, and turned back to my bedroom and was climbing back in bed when my phone rings.

Its my two friends outside and I can hear them screaming both into the phone and at the door...and into my ear.

And so I throw some shorts on and get the door and they apparently saw the whole thing through the blinds.

Theyve been ragging on me about that for a week now.

That said, I really enjoy popping in on my better friends and family. I mean its so much better than calling on the phone and is often a nice surprise. Im very careful to not impose though. More than once ive visited someone, saw they were busy and didnt even go inside the house, just left.

-JP
Old 05-07-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well this is an easy one. Don't wear any underwear.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that will go over real well. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 11:44 AM

At least that'll make her not pop-in randomly... right?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:47 AM

I solved this problem recently by refusing to answer the door. It's harsh, but effective.

-Diplomat
Old 05-07-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I solved this problem recently by refusing to answer the door. It's harsh, but effective.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in a one bedroom condo thing with a driveway, if im here my car is blantantly visible and theres very little chance im not here when it is.

-JP
Old 05-07-2005, 11:57 AM

my landlord is just like that. i swear to [censored] god it drives me crazy. this is a major reason for why im moving next week.

since i moving, we made arrangements that he can have people come over and look at my place. i asked him to give me at least some notice, preferably a days before having anyone come over. hes like, "absolutely."

yesterday im sitting on my computer multitabling and all the sudden i hear a knock at the door. im like, "wtf." i open it and 2 guys are here to look at the place. all the sudden, my phone rings and i dont answer it because i need to clean the place up quickly before they come in.in a mad rage i click deal me out at all my tables and scramble to clean the place up.

later on, i check my voicemail and it says "hi mike, its me, 2 guys are coming to look at your place at 1pm." guess what, he made the call at 1:10.

what a prick.

then like 2 hours later, he drops by without notice again and decides to sit on my chair and watch tv with me while telling me all about his barber shop business, which i could give two shits about.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Maybe your Landlord is lonely and wants a buddy. Why are you so mean? Why won't you let him regale you with his barber shop stories? He just wants to be your friend!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:14 PM

the guy is 82 years old (literally). he cannot finish a sentence without studdering. he feels the need to lecture everyone about how they should be running their lives. he has asked me several times why it is that i have exercise equipment in the house, because he thinks they are stupid. he doesnt like where i put the television in the room and says that it would be much nicer on one of the other walls.