Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:02 AM

Default River decision against a loose-aggressive.

Villain has been raising almost every pot preflop to a random amount, but has not been as aggressive postflop. Did just put someone all in ($15) preflop with TT97, the 9 and 7 were suited.

Party $25 PLO. I have $25, he has $50. I post in the CO. Three limpers to me and I check with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button minraises. Everyone calls.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, intending to checkraise most likely if we get some callers. Button surprises me and checks behind.

Turn is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] affording me the temporary nuts. SB, the LAG/villain in question, leads for the pot ($2.50). Folded to me and I reraise to $10. He calls.

River is the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He puts me all-in ($15).

Easy fold? Easy call?

Rob
Old 08-05-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: River decision against a loose-aggressive.

If he has a set/2pair he's been very tricky. If he's got the same straight wouldn't he usually push on turn. He pretty much knows you have the straight. Has he got any special reason to think you'll fold it (I expect most of his other opponents wouldn't)? It sure looks like a flush (possibly JQ). I fold.

James
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM

Easy fold. You don't describe him as aggressive postflop. You have to be pretty ballsy to shove in to the flush without one. I wouldn't make this call unless I knew he was capable of a river bluff like this one.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:16 AM

Fold. There are a lot of ways to lose here. It's pretty easy to beat the true LAGs ... just be patient, value bet big hands, trap with the nuts.

Plus now he knows you'll fold on a scary board and might make an ill-timed move when you do have a hand. In this case, however, your JT is not a hand.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:28 AM

I folded without thinking that it was really close, as I'm beat a ton of ways (or so I think). Is the play through the rest of the hand standard? Should I consider leading into the PFR on a board like this?

Rob
Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 PM

Yeah, I would have bet that flop. You need to build the pot for your wrap and maybe even get some fold equity. If you get shoved back at you'll still be in good shape.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm not sure its an easy river fold but it's probably a good one.

I mostly posted just to say bet the flop. I used to over-use the flop c/r out-of-position and now I've become more selective. You want to make sure you take the lead and build up a good pot with this draw.