Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Short-stacked heads up...

First of all, as a lurker I want to thank everyone here for helping me improve my game. I also have a question.

Thanks to learning more about the game, this week I've reached the final table in both the MTT's I've played in with one 2nd, and one 3rd.

The tourneys were PLHE $5 rebuys with c100 entries on victor chandler, Small stakes for most players here, but the $300 I won was a big deal for me! So, guys, I owe you.

OK, to the question. On the second Final table I was heavily outchipped heads up. 60k to 35Ok. My opponent had been chip leader throughout and had bullied the table, busting out virtually everyone else (I learnt a lot about stack power..). Blinds were 5/10k.

H/up, Opponent immediately started raising maybe 2/3rds of blinds by the pot, forcing me to either commit almost half my stack or fold.

In twenty hands I reraised twice with AJ and pockets 5's. Both times he immediately folded.

I felt I was too passive heads up. I needed to double up, but perhaps I was missing chances to reraise. The best hands I threw to preflop pot raises were Q8 off, K2 off and 67 suited. (All my other hands were worse than this- it felt like I was getting trash- lots of 7-4, 6-2, 8-3).

In the end, I reraised with A7 suited and he called with AJ. I didn't suck out.

What would you do?