Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2004, 03:47 AM

Default Choice Poker Virus

Well I have heard from the APtour skin of Choice and through the grapevine that the old people in Choice were booted and new mgt is fixing it up for a reopening. I noticed pokerpulse had booted them so I was going to check it out.

A month ago I got a nasty virus on my computer. I had to start all over. Today I got the same virus. This was that same exact virus with the oldest date on the computer before. It is a backdoor. Here is the link mcafee gives to explain it.

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=101033

I was not running Mcafee when I visited the website the first time tonight. After my computer was taken over I ran it and went back on my trail of the minutes before then attack until I found it. As soon as I enter their website I get the warning from Mcafee, if i revisit or reload same message instantly when page loads.

This is just to warn all to check for this virus and avoid the website. I emailed Dobrosoft to alert them.

I know this is not the first time someone has mentioned Choice sending viruses. I cannot find them in all the Choice issues in the archives. Maybe it is only my IP? I made waves with them over a few bucks they owe me and This picture of the kids holding the Choice Poker sign I posted here a month ago. Maybe it is aimed just at me or a few enemies, ,maybe we all have it that ever visited?

Check your system out there are free online scans everywhere.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Choice Poker Virus

So now that I have posted this has anyone else had this happen to them on a visit to their website or discover this virus on the system?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:01 PM

I must have missed the part about why I would want to visit their website in the first place.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:06 PM

i downloaded the client 3 weeks before they went bust. since then, i had heard of the virus problem so i avoided it like the plague and delted it from my PC. i would not suprise me a BIT if one of the tekkies there did it for spite against the customers or the owners. i did a scan after i deleted the software and was clean. i don't think anyone who has not opened the client since they folded is at much risk, but anyone who still has it on their machine should delete it and then do a scan.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:36 PM

This is not the 1st time the virus has been mentions but since they took my money outright I have not gone back there and curse them.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:20 AM

Poker Addict is yanking your chain. There's no virus. There was a bad update download a couple months back, I think that's what scared him.

It doesn't really matter now, there is no Choice poker anylonger. It's gone forever. I never got my crockpot I ordered with my loyalty points either. Aint that a crock!

The question remains however, will liveactionpoker.com now take them off their recommended list? Actually, I checked this morning and they haven't. But they did say that they are investigating into player complaints of not being paid. But until their investigation is complete, they shall remain on their recommended list. NOW AINT THAT A CROCK!!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:04 AM

not yanking your chain at all, its NOT the software it happens when I visited their website just to see if they were finally closed. I tested this several times after I got backdoored. The Mcafee warning comes up as soon as the splash page loads.

This was simply a warning to anyone that has visited. The mcafee link I posted comes directly from the warning that pops up that says this virus is trying to plant itself in temp internet files but is an exe file.

I invite you to visit if you have mcafee and see. They could have been hacked since there is no support, who knows but I am not crazy, I know I got back doored and after turning on antivirus I found they were the site that sent it.

Check your system!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:07 PM

Hey PA,

Don't sweat this guy. He's a name changing troll. Used to be Dingo Puppet. If you never respond to another of his posts, you won't be missing anything.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Dobrosoft found it too, I\'m not crazy!

After a couple of emails back and forth with the head of Dobrosoft here is the email I was sent.

Hi John,

You are correct. I went to the Choice Poker website and my virus detector (I
use McAfee too) immediately picked up a Trojan:

Exploit-MhtRedir.gen

I suppose this is what you are referring to.

This is not our software. When you first contacted me I thought you were
referring to a problem with our program.

I will inform the new owners of ChoicePoker about this problem and make sure
it is resolved immediately.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention,

Matthew Dobrosevic
DobroSoft.com
Old 06-08-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Dobrosoft found it too, I\'m not crazy!

[ QUOTE ]
I will inform the new owners of ChoicePoker about this problem and make sure
it is resolved immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the dude if the new management is going to pay off the old customers too.