Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 01:10 PM

Default 3/6 on weekday afternoons?

How are the party 3/6 games on weekdays between 11am and 5pm? I am playing 2/4 now, and thats the time I am guarenteed to be able to play everyday and while it's not as profitable as nights, I can still make good money. I've heard the 3/6 is pretty terrible around that time, is it true?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 3/6 on weekday afternoons?

yea, its pretty aweful. There might be a few good tables, but a)they probably won't stay good and b) they're hard to find. Table selection at 3/6, any time of day, is crucial.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:15 PM

So would it be a good idea to just stick to $2/4 on the days I work at night (only like 2-3 week days) and only play $3/6 on nights or weekends when I can?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 PM

yea, I'd reccomend it. Your winrate will be higher at 2/4 (most likely) which will probably make you the same amount of money. I'd say do what you just said, and play 3/6 only during prime hours. I usually use off hours to play 1/2 6max and work on my short handed play.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 PM

...plus the 6max games are where the people with little time that want to get a bunch of hands in go. They're usually not very good.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:20 PM

You can play 3/6 and it can be more profitable. The adjustments for 3/6 from 2/4 are high though.

A lot of the players are tighter but suck post flop. I have done ok by being very very aggressive. Counting Preflop number I am around 3-4 total agrression. That is a lot more aggressive than normal 2/4 players....

I win about 45% without showndown and 55% at showdown. You dont get paid off as much, but you win with steals and bluff too.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-23-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can play 3/6 and it can be more profitable. The adjustments for 3/6 from 2/4 are high though.

A lot of the players are tighter but suck post flop. I have done ok by being very very aggressive. Counting Preflop number I am around 3-4 total agrression. That is a lot more aggressive than normal 2/4 players....

I win about 45% without showndown and 55% at showdown. You dont get paid off as much, but you win with steals and bluff too.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

What kinda adjustments are there?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:26 PM

you dont complete the small blind much. Defending your bb more.

It is a lot more aggressive than 2/4. 2/4 has a lot of passive players that just suck.

3/6 has a lot of tighter players that suck post flop and LAGs....A 30+ VPIP with fish like passiveness is rare.
People with cr bluff on latter streets more. They raise the turn with crap thinking you have overs to their small pair, but next time they have a set...to your over pair. They think...maybe not smartly, but they are total fish.

It is a change from passive small stakes to TAG/LAG small stakes..... It will make you a better player...but how profitable is it at first? Tough to tell.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-23-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont complete the small blind much. Defending your bb more.

It is a lot more aggressive than 2/4. 2/4 has a lot of passive players that just suck.

3/6 has a lot of tighter players that suck post flop and LAGs....A 30+ VPIP with fish like passiveness is rare.
People with cr bluff on latter streets more. They raise the turn with crap thinking you have overs to their small pair, but next time they have a set...to your over pair. They think...maybe not smartly, but they are total fish.

It is a change from passive small stakes to TAG/LAG small stakes..... It will make you a better player...but how profitable is it at first? Tough to tell.

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that should be pretty helpful, if theres anymore advice in you I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:06 PM

I never cold call. You raise or fold preflop...(you can call one or limp but never two or more). It makes people fear your holds more.

Steal against TAGs...Anyone can be tight, but defending well and playing well post flop is tough. I dont stop playing at a table unless the avg vpip is below 20. 23 or higher is very good.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

It is fold or raise...he just called me...which is good...a cap would have been bad!

Flop: (7.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

What do I beat here,,,what does he have me on? Three bets was enough for him. He could have me on AK, AA, KK, QQ, or maybe AQ

Turn: (5.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

If I get three bet here...then I might have to lay it down, but no need to raise.

River: (9.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Time for a free showdown...risk of getting check raised if he has a K is to high.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

Result...he had JJ... Three bets was enough,,,but he showed weakness with the best hand preflop.. He always showed aggress and stopped.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds.

If I limp preflop, then it is harder to play post flop.

Final Pot: 3.16 BB

It was hard to find hands from last night...I was either getting easy to play monsters or junk.