Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 05:10 PM

Default when phil folded his KK

anyone know the details of the hand where phil h. folded his KK on the wsop main event they showed this afternoon. anyone ever get a report on what the other guy had?
Old 08-24-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: when phil folded his KK

They showed it briefly, but Phil was facing a large bet on the flop of I believe T97 or something close to that and two toned. He had the ESPN cameras show that he had KK, and then went on a spiel making it clear that he was worried about AA rather than a set or straight. His opponent didn't show.

Justin A
Old 08-24-2004, 05:15 PM

i only caught part of it.
but i think phil just flagged the camera over (or it happened to be there) and he showed his KK that he was laying down.
i don't think it was a featured-table thus didn't have the mini lipstick cameras.
they just don't have the resources to cover EVERY table in the early stages so i guess we will never know what the whole situation was with that hand.

although, i do know that it was "The 4th time Phil Hellmuth has ever mucked that hand" (according to him anyway). Yippee....why does Phil think i give a crap.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 PM

what I don't understand about his "speech" is why did he say "I wonder if you have aces man, I really do wonder"? What was he trying to prove? All he did was tell his opponent he had KK or QQ most likely KK. He must have already made his mind up he was either going all in or folding? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 PM

i agree.

i don't think there was anything calculated about it.
he just can't help thinking-out-loud and also wants to show off what a 'gutsy' and talented player he is by being able to lay-down KK.

i'm sure phil was able to 'see into his soul' and made the correct play!!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:23 PM

Well you know...If it weren't for luck, he would win every hand he was in. What a tard.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you know...If it weren't for luck, he would win every hand he was in. What a tard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the quote was 'every tournament.' And just off the top of your head, exactly how many tourneys have you seen him outplayed in? That statement, while arrogant, is a lot more true than many of you think.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 PM

I thought I remember reading around here that the guy later said he had JJ or QQ so Phil was actually ahead. Check back in posts about this from last Tuesday.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:13 PM

I'm not a big Phil fan, but I have to agree with j here. It seems that 95% of the time when you see phil he's got the money in with the best hand, but that could just be creative editing, who knows.

Cody
Old 08-24-2004, 11:24 PM

I'm not a big Phil fan, but I have to agree with j here. It seems that 95% of the time when you see phil he's got the money in with the best hand, but that could just be creative editing, who knows.

I'd say mre like 50% of the time. The other 50% you see him lay the best hand down.